Old footage of highway 40
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Great Lakes Discussion, Old footage of highway 40 in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM-Wi...eature=related...
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Old footage of highway 40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM-Wi...eature=related

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Old footage of highway 40

Thanks! Man do I know way too much of that highway!!!

I miss the hills between Spoede (that is Spay-dee for you non St. Louisians.......) and Clarkson that they took out some years ago, I spun my Turbo T/A out in a rainstorm on one out just after 141 and 40.

It was a blast to go fast on them hills!!

I remember the "double decker" highway as we called it and then when they FINALLY opened the Vandeventer overpass. Man did that take forever.... I still love the twisty turney highway....

And yes, I remember before the innerbelt was called I-170 and was finished, it was like such and after thought highway, no way to put in exits to 40.... I won't miss that.... My mom took that to work every day, she worked at the St. Louis County Gov building there in Clayton. So she got stuck with that one....Getting off at Brentwood there in the video and getting on to the outer road to get on the the innerbelt..... It was like the hidden highway as a kid, as if you didn't know how to get on it you never could..... Or wouldn't even know it existed, no signs or anything to get to it....

When does construction start?

I just saw the "Tamm overpass" explosision on Youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTtNd...eature=related

Is this McKnight? The old bridge that killed so many because it was so low? Like 11 or 12 foot bridge on a major highway.... Semi trailer bait!

Where is Tamm? I got it, the old Zoo bridge there... Found it.... Sheesh, you pass something for years and never remember the name....

This month they shut down the section of 40 that goes between 170 and 270. It will be closed for at least a year! To get to my Kirkwood office I now take Ballas to Clayton to Lindbergh to Manchester, or 270 S to Manchester E when traffic is light. To get downtown, I've mostly given up on 40 and just take 70 or 44.

OMG.... I can't imagine the mess!!! Like Chicago killing off the Dan Ryan for 2 years.... But at least they had the express lanes to fall back on....

It isn't like MetroLink is worth too much to help out either....

jey
    jey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Fleetwood Brougham V4P

Quote Originally Posted by N0DIH View Post
    OMG.... I can't imagine the mess!!! Like Chicago killing off the Dan Ryan for 2 years.... But at least they had the express lanes to fall back on....

It isn't like MetroLink is worth too much to help out either....
    It's actually not too bad because people were freaking out, and almost over-prepared. People arranged carpools, changed work schedules, even moved. I would say traffic is now back to the way it was a few years ago, back before they widened 141, redid the Olive interchanges, widened and extended Page Ave., etc.

Metrolink funding has always been a problem - slow progress, but they did open a new line into downtown Clayton and Maplewood. That will help for the 2009 construction. Mass transit is almost useless for the 2008 construction.

They changed the stoplight timing along Ladue and Clayton and also added center turn lanes. I270 N and I44 lost a shoulder and gained a lane.

Its really not as awful as I expected, since I avoided 40 during peak times anyway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.