Cadillac Owners Forum banner
31K views 342 replies 30 participants last post by  dirt_cheap_fleetwood 
#1 ·
Nicki, Elias and I thought we should make a thread that details the meet location, the attendance list and the schedeule for the Feb 9-10 meet in Chicago, so here goes!

I will be attending. For sure the 10th, hopefully I can get off of working on the 9th, so I can come down either on the 9th, or Thursday night, but probably Friday early afternoon, because I'd like to leave here around 9 or so, and get down there between 3-4.

Aside from the meet, the only things I wanna do as far as sightseeing go would be to go to the Ferrari/Lamborghini dealer, or perhaps a Rolls Royce/Bentley dealer, or go to the top of the Sears Tower.

#252 ·
It was 73 here at 2pm, its 15 now.

#256 ·
It was 39* and rainy last night when I got off of work at 9. Tonight, it was -11* with windchills approaching -40*.

That would be a difference of 50* air temp, 79* wind temp.

#257 · (Edited)
okay.. you guys don't know how nuts the autoshow is do you?

okay.. parking near mcormick place.. forget it. I once circled lot after lot for HOURS trying to get a spot.

when I go now i just take the metra downtown and hop a readily available cab to mcormick. IF you find parking at mcormick its 16 bucks just to get into the parking garage.

I live out in naperville and have a spare bedroom if out of towners need a crash spot.

I can run a race like this:
you, call me when you have fully driven downtown, at that moment I will hop on a train. I can almost gaurantee that I will beat you to the show after you sit in traffic, wait for parking and hoof it over. while you are tired and pissed I wil be well rested and ready to take on the show.

giordano's.. its a chicago experience. be sure to go to the original, the new one is in the old planet hollywood, and by the way, there is SUPPOSED to be graffiti everywhere, its a gio's thing.
and you have no option on ordering, get the deep dish and shut up. if you can eat more than one piece (well nick could) I would be amazed.

#261 ·
I'll have a slice of pepperoni and then I'd be full. Just watch.

#264 ·
Cool. No (heavy) snow. :thumbsup:

#267 ·
Actually, funny you mention that. After their falling out and banning, they talked off line and actually they get along real well. They're both gonna be at the meet.

#269 ·
We'll have to do it sometime after dinner at Giordanos. Because you know, Saturday night IS alright for fightin'.

#270 ·
I'll bring my black and white stripes so I can referee.

#274 ·
30% chance of precip Fri, Sat and Sun according to weather.com

#276 ·
The only events we're doing as a whole group is the dinner at Giordanos in Oakbrook at 7 on Saturday, and we're all meeting at the Auto show at 1:00 on Sunday afternoon.

#277 ·
If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me for my cell number, and shoot me yours while you're at it.

Hey, when we meet at the auto show on Sunday, let's meet at the Cadillac display at 1. Everyone wear your Cadillac gear! I'll be wearing either my black t-shirt or blue sweatshirt with the wreath and crest on it, and maybe my black hat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.