Cadillac Owners Forum banner
31K views 342 replies 30 participants last post by  dirt_cheap_fleetwood 
#1 ·
Nicki, Elias and I thought we should make a thread that details the meet location, the attendance list and the schedeule for the Feb 9-10 meet in Chicago, so here goes!

I will be attending. For sure the 10th, hopefully I can get off of working on the 9th, so I can come down either on the 9th, or Thursday night, but probably Friday early afternoon, because I'd like to leave here around 9 or so, and get down there between 3-4.

Aside from the meet, the only things I wanna do as far as sightseeing go would be to go to the Ferrari/Lamborghini dealer, or perhaps a Rolls Royce/Bentley dealer, or go to the top of the Sears Tower.

#218 ·
Sure is quiet now

click

click

swooosh

O.K. So what were we discussing before we were so rudely interrupted? Oh yeah, is there anywhere for us out-of-towners to park near a metro and all ride in. Looks like I'll come up Saturday afternoon, weather permitting.

#221 ·
Yeah.....so...umm...this meet sure is gonna be awesome. :leaving:

#225 ·
Gizmo, I know at most suburb metra stops they have parking lots to park your car which is free. I believe its also free parking on weekends, check me on that to make sure. At the restaurant, its free parking. At McCormick place I'm not too positive on how much parking is, I'll have to find Jesda and ask him. I hope that answers your questions, feel free to ask more.

Vic, dinner is on Saturday 9th night. I'm aiming for 7-7:30 time. Just people aren't responding to that to let me know so I can see if I can possibly make a reservation. Sunday 10th after 12 PM we're meeting at the auto show. I said above to Gizmo, if you have any more questions let me know.

#226 ·
Thread cleaned. Continue meet discussion.

#229 ·
I remember ya!

Been a while!

#231 ·
If I can get Brian to come (and Tanner for that matter) we should try and motorcade down to Chicago.

#233 ·
I talked to Tanner tonight, he's riding down from Minneapolis with me. :thumbsup:

#235 ·
Alright, so since the trip is nearing closer, can we get a final itenerary set up?

#238 ·
Was it Feb 10th right? I hope so, that is only day I can make it. I think the wife is gonna come too. We have plans on the 9th. And I think we are busy the following weekend.

I think Keith (ALBUNDY) wants to come too.
Wait till you guys see the new CTS-V. OMG.
JH, howed ya find out. Were gonna have a blast with lots of pictures to show. JH, since the wifey will be there I'll behave and not try and let the real Jimmy loose.:lildevil:

#237 ·
The autoshow is the 10th. Giordanos is the 9th. I'll be there from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon/evening.

#239 ·
Are you bringing Peggy?

#241 ·
You know, your wife.

#242 ·
Man I wish I would have found out about this sooner, I just discovered this great lakes forum, was this meet ever posted to any of the other caddy forums? I'm only 2 hrs. away, but I can't make it that weekend.

gdwriter, jesda, gizmo, 90brougham, kael - I had a great time with you guys last year at the des moines meet, wish I could stop down and see all of you again. Hope you are all coming to davenport in April, I already got my vac time requested for that one.

#248 ·
Same here, looks like SNOW eeek!

#251 ·
I left work around 4-4:30, it was 40F, got only 60 miles away and it was 17F.... In around 90 minutes... I got gas on the way, it was 33F when I got out of the car, got it full and down the road 1 mile and it was 30F..... It was 47F around 10am.... WBBM called it "flash freezing"....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.