Cadillac Owners Forum banner
31K views 342 replies 30 participants last post by  dirt_cheap_fleetwood 
#1 ·
Nicki, Elias and I thought we should make a thread that details the meet location, the attendance list and the schedeule for the Feb 9-10 meet in Chicago, so here goes!

I will be attending. For sure the 10th, hopefully I can get off of working on the 9th, so I can come down either on the 9th, or Thursday night, but probably Friday early afternoon, because I'd like to leave here around 9 or so, and get down there between 3-4.

Aside from the meet, the only things I wanna do as far as sightseeing go would be to go to the Ferrari/Lamborghini dealer, or perhaps a Rolls Royce/Bentley dealer, or go to the top of the Sears Tower.

#136 ·
Oh cool, aside for one name, everyone on that list I'm pretty familiar with.

#142 ·
I think I will park at my old condo building, it is $8.00 to park there and then $5.00 taxi ride to the front door of the show.

#145 ·
Too bad I'm not 3 months older, otherwise I'd show you how we drink in Minnesota.

(Lightly)

#148 ·
I would probably go if i could catch a ride, traffic and parking downtown for the autoshow is pretty nuts.

take a good pair of walking shoes, money for soda and snacks, declare a meeting point, get everyones cell phone and then:
have fun and drool a lot.

the auto show sometimes disgusts me honestly, parents should not treat the place as a personal playground for their little brats.
when I am wanting to try the fit of a car I don't want to have to wait for some little miscreant to stop trying to steal the radio knobs.

of course its always fun to go to the honda section and listen to the rice boys "ooh and aaah" over the massive 150 horsepower of the "true performance race cars" of honda.

I do hope hyundai has their genesis prototype on display, I have friends that own hyundai's and I have always been amazed at how nicely put together they are, I just never liked their total lack of power. now with the new Genesis (sp? whatever) the brand looks a lot more inviting...

that is if I can't get an 09 cts-v (Drool)

#149 ·
I PM'd JRau yesterday. He said he's been very busy lately, but he might be able to swing down.

#158 ·
Thank Yew Nicki... :bouncy::bouncy:

Now it won't be so much of a sausage fest.

CVO- What sort of a Bimmer does your friend have?

I'm tying to arrange a race between my S Class, Jesda's Navigator and Ian's Range Rover, or his 325ci if he brings that. It'll be the "high end, low power shootout". Anyone else with a high end/low power foreign car is welcome to join in too.

In Des Moines, I raced Jesda's '90 Q45 in my '92 deVille. I lost. Now let's see if I can win the rematch!

#161 ·
Can anyone think of a place where we could all sit around and show off our cars?

#162 ·
Unless by the grace of God the weather is over 50 degrees and the salt has disappeared from the roads.... the Fleetwood won't be coming out to play. It is hibernating in our heated garage awaiting Spring, hasn't moved since the last week of November.

I will most likely be driving the Gold '96 Roadmaster wagon, or maybe a '96 BBB Impala SS if the owner accepts my offer tomorrow :eek:

#163 ·
Hmmm... I'm trying to think of a place to just chill... probably out in the suburbs... just go to westmont junior high parking lot... where I learned to ride my bike minus training wheels :D Right by my old house. Ty Warner Park works too... (aka where Beanie babies are made!! :D)

#164 ·
Im in for the 9th :D

Theres lots of places to chill....just depends on where your looking to meet ;) What town are you guys wanting to meet at?? I have an old Police Station with a HUGE parking lot that we could use...we do all the Training for those guys and its vacant and I know the higher ups ;)

BUT thats in Plainfield....not sure where you guys want to meet.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.