Cadillac Owners Forum banner
31K views 342 replies 30 participants last post by  dirt_cheap_fleetwood 
#1 ·
Nicki, Elias and I thought we should make a thread that details the meet location, the attendance list and the schedeule for the Feb 9-10 meet in Chicago, so here goes!

I will be attending. For sure the 10th, hopefully I can get off of working on the 9th, so I can come down either on the 9th, or Thursday night, but probably Friday early afternoon, because I'd like to leave here around 9 or so, and get down there between 3-4.

Aside from the meet, the only things I wanna do as far as sightseeing go would be to go to the Ferrari/Lamborghini dealer, or perhaps a Rolls Royce/Bentley dealer, or go to the top of the Sears Tower.

#2 ·
I think you might have your dates confused. The 8th is Friday, 9th and 10th are the weekend.

Friday is my Bday, not sure if I am doing anything for it.

9th and 10th I now have off, so I am up for anything. There are two Bentley dealerships here. One in Downers Grove and one downtown.

FYI, the view from the John Hancock tower is much better than the Sears Tower. Sears Tower is taller, but it is not lakefront. If you have the time, I suggest going to the Museum of Science & Industry.

Either way Nicole & are are up for the car show and other activities!

#3 ·
Nicki and you live in Downers Grove right? It'd probably be easiest for me to go to that Bentley dealer.

#5 ·
My workweek is Mon-Thurs and Saturday. That's why I said if I can get Saturday (9th) off work, I can come down on the 8th and hang around until Sunday Night. I'd probably go to the dealers and do the sight seeing on Friday, before we all get together.

#6 ·
It's $12 per person to go to the top of the Sears Tower... not really all that great since I've been up there more times than I can count.

The Bentley dealership is on the same road as the Ferrari and Lambo dealership, just farther down across the street by the Chipotle and Wendy's. There's practically every car dealer known to man on Ogden Avenue, except caddy... its on Roosevelt (Heritage Cadillac).

#7 ·
It's $12 per person to go to the top of the Sears Tower... not really all that great since I've been up there more times than I can count.
Oh darn, I've still gotta go though...either to there or the John Hancock building. Just so I can send my friends a postcard of the building, with the quote "where were you while we were getting high"?

Cadillacsts2003sgurl said:
The Bentley dealership is on the same road as the Ferrari and Lambo dealership, just farther down across the street by the Chipotle and Wendy's. There's practically every car dealer known to man on Ogden Avenue, except caddy... its on Roosevelt (Heritage Cadillac).
O....M....G! Exotics, all parked on one street, WITH a Wendys?!

That means I can look at Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bentleys and Rollers while I eat a fresh Baconator! :drool: :chad:

#9 ·
I see....well if I can do that and not have to pay the $12 then that's what I'll do.

#11 ·
Been there, haven't done that.... yet.... one of these days, I just typically avoid the city, too much traffic and I don't know my way around, not a good combo.... Now St. Louis, I can get around fairly well.....

#12 ·
Yeah kinda like taking folks up in the Arch, ... after the 10th or 12th time you'd rather wait for them in the museum.

#19 ·
LOL! It's a very high kinky level ;)
No he's no a masochist, just in love with his caddys. Cads come first then me :) Which I don't mind. I love the cars too, I drive the 98 STS on occasion :thumbsup:

#21 ·
Anyway, i will be doing burnouts while you FWD guys cant even peel out :p
:yeah:

CVO...let's race. Crown Victoria v. S320. It'll be interesting too....two big heavy RWD sedans. I've got you beat by horsepower, you've got me beat by torque.:lildevil:

#22 ·
Oh boy... don't make me pull the frame off your CV with my wagon. If you want to be the laughing stock of the day, let's race one of my wagons against your CV :D

BACK ON TOPIC! So Saturday or Sunday for the car show? The other things we can figure out around that.

#23 ·
BACK ON TOPIC! So Saturday or Sunday for the car show? The other things we can figure out around that.
I'm up for Sunday....it'll probably be less busy :bigroll: on Sunday.

#24 ·
I'll just tow both of them away.....

#25 ·
Tom, you've got one of the only original V4P's on the site right?

#26 ·
Yup (well, missing the 3.42's at the moment, but soon to get back in....), sure do! There is a very few of them around. I think ShadowLvr400 has one too, and the new guy with the 93 car (forgot his name.... too late at night...)

#29 ·
I have posi in mine now (one of 2 reasons I have my 3.42's out of the car) and 3.08's, but I still can roast them for 400+ feet or so..... Can't say I will do it on my new snow tires right now though.....Once she gets lit up, she goes...... All the way into 3rd gear. You can sure tell when the tires get hot and start getting sticky.... I did it with the kids one day and they really got a kick out of it, left some marks that stayed for months.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.