Cadillac Owners Forum banner
9K views 110 replies 12 participants last post by  N0DIH 
#1 ·
I was thinking a chitown meet up in january, we can all go grab a bite somewhere decent, meet up, shoot the shit.

Whos up for it?

#6 ·
Hmmm, that would be interesting, and I'd be up for it! March would probably work better, as I can't imagine January in the Windy City is anything but a mess.

I'm up for a Saturday night-Sunday sort of deal.

#9 ·
You tell me...I've never been to Chicago and so it's all new to me.

#11 ·
I'd be coming down for a Sat-Sunday sort of deal. If I could get that Saturday off work, it'd be Fri-Sun.

#13 ·
February's not always bad. I'll be up for the autoshow (I hear they're going to debut the '08 Challenger) and again the last weekend of the month for a MP3Car meet. Maybe we could get AlBundy to host it for us (take us round to the swap meet, tourist traps, soul food diner, etc.)

#14 ·
I just bought a house in Downers Grove. Let me know when and where and I will be there.. but the Fleetwood is not coming out until the end of March, so if it is before then I will be sporting the Roadmaster.

#17 · (Edited)
O.K. sounds like the start of a plan. The show runs 8-17 February. So who has a preference of what day to go? Tickets are $10/day. I'll probably stay the weekend, but I really don't want to be there the weekend of Valentine's day (I'm hoping to spend it in Paris, France) so maybe the first weekend, weather permitting.

I like the 9th or 10th. Everybody get to the show that morning when you want, we all meet up at a prearranged place for lunch and then go back, maybe another get-together for dinner and cruising to a picture shoot on the Navy Pier.

#18 ·
Or better yet.. a picture shoot at my favorite spot:

It is only 1.5 miles from Mccormick Place. We can grab some good grub at Bar Louie afterwards too. :thumbsup:

#24 ·
Or better yet.. a picture shoot at my favorite spot:

And WHEN did you get that?! :cool2: :thumbsup:

I like the 9th or 10th. Everybody get to the show that morning when you want, we all meet up at a prearranged place for lunch and then go back, maybe another get-together for dinner and cruising to a picture shoot on the Navy Pier.
Sounds like a great plan!

Yeah maybe an autoshow get-together would be good too. It's the 100th anniversary of the show so there's bound some good stuff there.

Totally!

#20 ·
There is a Chicagoland Cadillac Lasalle chapter.

I am a member and David with the '95 Fleetwood & '77 Deville has joined too.

http://www.westofthelakeclc.com/

They usually hold 3 or 4 shows per year.

The big show at the first of Spring is the JC Whitney show. I got third place last Spring and second place in the Fall. We should all meet up for the Spring show!

#25 ·
I bought that '97 Tahoe 2.5 weeks ago to replace the Roadmaster. I drove it for a week, hated the gas mileage and missed the LT1 power... so I sold it for a handsome profit and kept the Roadmaster :D

#27 ·
I bought that '97 Tahoe 2.5 weeks ago to replace the Roadmaster. I drove it for a week, hated the gas mileage and missed the LT1 power... so I sold it for a handsome profit and kept the Roadmaster :D
So the Vortec Tahoe doesn't compete with a stock LT-1 B/D Body as far as power goes? I always wondered how the two faired, considering the weight is fairly close, and the Vortec and LT-1 both generate very similar power and torque numbers.

#26 ·
So 9th or 10th???

#28 ·
The Tahoe drinks more gas and burns less rubber ;) It was pretty boring, uncomfortable, bulky, and the fuel economy between the two cars was pretty substantial (5-6 mpg difference).

Plus my Roadmaster now has a Cold Air Intake & PCM programming, so it is pretty peppy. It is getting a catback exhaust & some mild suspension mods after the new year.

#29 ·
I am in if you guys put something together. I dont know if I would go to the auto show. I am already going to Detroit, and I hate driving downtown. Something in the burbs would be better. Depending on how many people come are in, I can have everyone over to my house for a bbq in the spring. Round Lake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.