Cadillac Owners Forum banner
9K views 110 replies 12 participants last post by  N0DIH 
#1 ·
I was thinking a chitown meet up in january, we can all go grab a bite somewhere decent, meet up, shoot the shit.

Whos up for it?

#33 ·
Elias, I thought your Roadmaster was one of the TBI models?

#34 ·
No way! I was done with TBI motors after that '93 wagon and '92 Brougham I had. They just do not have the power for my taste.

My Roadie is a '94 Limited with the LT-1 ;). It has a tad over 59,000 miles on it now, pulls like a champ and makes better gas mileage than the TBI cars I had.

How about a Downers Grove meet ;)? We can go to Fuddruckers, Portillos, or even the Grill Room if we want to get a tad fancy.

#35 · (Edited)
Hmmmmm, Portillos.......

Where's BCs71? I haven't heard/seen him in a while. Little one got his fingers busy?

There is a Portillos next to Hawthorn Mall.... That is close to work, still pretty far from home. I am out in Rockford now right by Cherry Valley Mall....

#36 · (Edited)
Hey Jimmy H, looking at your picture there:

Isn't Mac OSX based on a BSD Kernel? Hmmm....

Is THAT was is under the MacOSX skin?

Hello!!

#37 ·
So can we get some final arrangements set up so I can get a few days off work?

#40 ·
We were planning on doing a big midwest meet again in St Louie around Mayish...

#44 ·
BSD=Unix

OSX=Unix

that does not mean OSX=BSD
they are both built on Unix, which is why they are best OS out there right now. Vista is built on a shaky foundation which is why it sucks.

Although one of the many things I love about my imac is that I can boot up in OsX, Vista, Linux, whatever I want. And then thanks to parallels, I can run all of them (except OSX of course) in a virtual machine right on the OSX desktop.

Sorry, but Mac rules.

#46 ·
Just wish my Sawtooth Mac was faster, it is a 533 MHz (software overclock 450) G4....

#48 ·
The meet in Downers Grove works well, February 9/10 would be perfect coz Jay is actually coming in for DePaul's homecoming on the 9th. I vote for Portillo's or Giordano's.

Downtown works well too, I know Jason wanted to go to the autoshow that weekend so maybe meet at the autoshow then head out to Downers for some food?

#50 ·
February 9/10 sounds like it's the best day to go! If we can get this as the official date by January 9, I can ask for Satuday off work, otherwise I'd have to leave the Twin Cities by 4:30 or so, and get down to Chicago around 11 PM.

Either way I could do it, because I have Sundays off.

I look forward to meeting you all! :highfive:

#52 ·
Sure if we get to drive your Fleetwood!

#54 ·
Elias, that's a bummer, I wanted to see your Fleetwood, and I knew you would have liked to see my S320...damn.

What does it mean to be "on call"...that just means they can have you come down to the hospital whenenver they want right? You could still hang out with us and leave if they want you to right?

#55 ·
Elias, that's a bummer, I wanted to see your Fleetwood, and I knew you would have liked to see my S320...damn.

What does it mean to be "on call"...that just means they can have you come down to the hospital whenenver they want right? You could still hang out with us and leave if they want you to right?
In my group we each take turns on a weekend and basically spend the weekend at the hospital (we have nice rooms with lcd tvs & dvd players). Some go home and wait for a call, but I now live 21 miles away so I just spend the weekend there. If it is not busy, it is good downtime so I can catch up on reading. Tomorrow I will see if I can swap weekends with someone.

I would love to show off my cars and see everyone else's, especially since I live in Downers Grove!

I will keep you all posted.

#56 ·
So, move the meet closer to the hospital?

#57 ·
Let's get a tentative schedule started.

What time do we wanna eat? What time are we going to the auto show? Where and when should we meet up?

#59 ·
Sounds good. I'll PM all those interested.

#60 ·
Count me in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.