Cadillac Owners Forum banner
9K views 110 replies 12 participants last post by  N0DIH 
#1 ·
I was thinking a chitown meet up in january, we can all go grab a bite somewhere decent, meet up, shoot the shit.

Whos up for it?

#62 ·
I'll try, we aren't too far..... It is hard to pull away from the family....

#63 ·
I just called 90Brougham350 (Brian) and told him he should come down that weekend...he's gonna try, but he's gotta work on the 10th.

#64 ·
Can anyone get ahold of Brian, BCs71? He has been pretty scarce lately.

#65 ·
So is this for sure going down on the 9th and 10th?

I have a friend is is willing to trade weekends with me, but I need to be sure.

Thanks,
Elias

#66 ·
At this point, I'd be willing to ask for the 9th off of work.

#67 ·
I would be able to do the 9th or 10th, but 10th in the afternoon only. I don't think we have plans right now....

#70 ·
Maybe some of us could go see it, and some not go see it?

I really want to, and I really wanna go to downtown Chicago to sightsee and stuff..never been there before, and I've wanted to go since I was about 11.
I know Gary would be up for the autoshow too, along with probably Nicki and Jason..

#71 ·
They say you can get free tickets from local car dealers. Maybe hit up some and get some tickets scared up?

I have always wanted to go, my oldest son would get a kick out of it all too.

I am game to go, catch public trans to get there should be no problem if we can find safe place to leave our rides....

#72 ·
I would like to go to the auto show!

The 8th is my birthday.

What are the plans for the 9th and 10th? When are we having lunch/dinner at Portillos-Downers Grove?

#73 ·
Well Chad works for a dealer, he should be able to get some no? Now if someone could get exhibitor passes, I am there.

Years ago, my late uncle who worked for the IL State Police used to get them. We would get there at like 7am, and get in before the general public. We would see everything and be done before the doors opened at 9am (or whenever it was) I miss that.

#74 ·
I work for a dealer, but I don't think I'd be able to snag any tickets for the Chicago Auto Show. Minneapolis wouldn't be a problem, but Chicago might be.

#78 · (Edited)
Just say we're from the Depaul Digital Cinema Program and are taking pictures of the event. :D I know last year they had extra buses to get from the red line stop to mccormick place.

Portillos :D

I'm reminding Jay to call off. Also if someone needs a place to crash for 2 nights let me know. My roomies and I can stash people in our apartment.

PM me for my cell number if we're gonna have a conference call and figure out what's going down. If need be, people can park at my house in downers cause parking downtown is a pain/expensive. I'll be happy to lead people around on public transportation.

#76 ·
Oh shit, I'll just wear my Denny Hecker pull over, explain to them that I work for a large dealer chain and I'll be set to go!

#77 ·
I'll ask around and see if anyone down here is getting any. Looks like the 9th isgoing to be best for us to meet up - Yes...No? I'm good either way. I figure hang out with you guys one day and walk the show the other day.

#79 ·
I didn't know you lived in Downers too!?

Our house is off Belmont and 61st Street.

I am probably going to drive to Mccormick Place.

I got free tickets from Shell last year.

#83 ·
Nice! I test drove a A8 and Phaeton at that dealer. I get the Roadmasters & Nicole's Infiniti washed at Delta Sonic near there too. Small world...

#82 ·
I need a place to stay and park, and I'm poor, so staying with someone at their residence would be awesome!

When should we do this conference call and how do we do that with cell phones?

#84 ·
Lets do this

I have a old prepaid phone i never activated, im going to activate it, and im going to leave the voicemail open. All of you guys leave me a voicemail with your numbers and dates so we are organized

Leave the CF username, comments, whatever.

I MIGHT be able to pull off a place to park

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.