Cadillac Owners Forum banner

From Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio or Wisconsin?

64K views 239 replies 97 participants last post by  paulmman 
#1 ·
Than get in here and introduce yourself to your neighbors!

#42 ·
Find Illumina on here (FWD forums) and talk to him, he has a 90 too.

Welcome!

#43 ·
Hey all I'm Nick, I am 22 years old and a newer cadillac owner from Oshkosh, Wi. I have always owned a GM/Chevy vehicle, until I took my first ride in a cadillac. I was 20 at the time and looking for a new car. I decided to test drive a 93 El Dorado, it was beautiful. Maroon paint with grey leather seats, the best car i ever drove it was the same year they put the northstar in the ETC model and left the old 4.9 in the regular model.

After owning one cadillac, when the time came to get something new i had to of course look for another. I found a beautiful 99 El Dorado. It was all black, with black leather interior, and a dark wood trim... I mean it was Beautiful!! I recently tinted the windows to 20% all around except the windshield, and i couldn't be happier. The outside is all chrome trim with 17inch stock chrome wheels with gold cadillac symbols in the center. Recently i have tinted the headlights to give the car a real clean all black look, and i removed the tags from the back so the only marks it has would be the side panels saying El Dorado and the El Dorado mark right above the license.

You can see some pictures here : http://www.corrupt-protection.com/pics/cadillac/

I hope everyone enjoys.

#44 ·
Hey all I'm Nick, I am 22 years old and a newer cadillac owner from Oshkosh, Wi. I have always owned a GM/Chevy vehicle, until I took my first ride in a cadillac. I was 20 at the time and looking for a new car. I decided to test drive a 93 El Dorado, it was beautiful. Maroon paint with grey leather seats, the best car i ever drove it was the same year they put the northstar in the ETC model and left the old 4.9 in the regular model.

After owning one cadillac, when the time came to get something new i had to of course look for another. I found a beautiful 99 El Dorado. It was all black, with black leather interior, and a dark wood trim... I mean it was Beautiful!! I recently tinted the windows to 20% all around except the windshield, and i couldn't be happier. The outside is all chrome trim with 17inch stock chrome wheels with gold cadillac symbols in the center. Recently i have tinted the headlights to give the car a real clean all black look, and i removed the tags from the back so the only marks it has would be the side panels saying El Dorado and the El Dorado mark right above the license.

You can see some pictures here : http://www.corrupt-protection.com/pics/cadillac/

I hope everyone enjoys.

#48 ·
I live in NE Ohio. I am a good friend of NUTZ (the member that is building a custom V rear end). I have been an avid Car Guy since I was a kid. I bought my first car when I was 13, I am now 53. I once went Drag Racing in one of my friend's Cadillac STS and it had a Northstar motor. If I remember right it ran some low 15.10 in the 1/4. It was one smooth ride.

I work two jobs, 1 which is more than full time as a Service Adviser at a Chevrolet Dealership, the other is part time and that is Promoting Car Shows and Drag Racing Events. One of my Events this year will be held in Columbus, Ohio on Father's Day Weekend the other will be held in Salem, Ohio the end of August.

I use to do Promotions from 1985 to 1991 then once more in 1995. I owned and started the Super Car Showdown which was a Heads Up Drag Race for cars from 1957 to 1974. I sold it off back in 1988 and started the National Muscle Car Association (NMCA) which was owned by Comp Cams back then. The NMCA was another Heads Up Drag Racing Event but it was looking for the World's Quickest Street Legal Vehicles.

I got out of race promotions back in 1991. At that time we were living in Memphis, Tn. and my wife and I were in Darlington, SC doing an Event and the girl that we hired left our sons (ages 2 & 4) at day care. Day car closed at 6:00pm and we got a call from them at 9:15pm that she never came to pick up the boys. I loaned her one of my cars while we were gone and she ended up wrecking it on the other side of the city. She even took the emergency cash I left just in case something came up. Day Care kept the boys that weekend but once we got home my wife said NEVER again and quit the NMCA. She moved back to Ohio, got her job back at the Post Office, came back to TN one month later and took the kids back to Ohio. I stayed one more month and quit to be with my family.

I did one more Event in 1995 but it got rained out and I lost my enthusiasm. Well my youngest son (he is almost 20 now), has been hounding me to do Promotions once more because he says he does not remember me doing this. The only way he even knows that I did such a thing is by the Car Magazine Articles that they received back then. Between the two Events from 1985 to 1991 they got on the Front Cover of 17 National Car Magazines and were featured inside 32 of them. All I can add is that I hope we are smiled on this year for the new Events.

Regards
Chuck

#50 · (Edited)
Kurt, from Monroe, town of about 11,000 just a few miles from the IL border in southcentral WI. I've been on the cts forum for a while, just discovered this group, this is great being able to talk to fellow midwesterners. I work at UW-Madison (GO BADGERS) doing IT for university housing. We're the guys that keep the internet working for all the students in the halls and have to slap them down when they get caught doing illegal filesharing.

You should all plan on going to the midwest meet in Davenport, IA in April, Nick did a nice job setting up the one last year in Des Moines. We only had about 15 cars show up, but we had a blast, let's see if we can double that number this year.

Got an 03 raven sport lux, it's my midlife crisis (I got divorced last year), been having a great time modding. Posted a couple of pics, but they are old, since then I've added 18" Helo tease wheels, Borla dual exhaust, smoked sidemarker lights and finished my Alpine stereo install. I'll post newer pics when the weather warms up.

Attachments

#51 ·
BTW, anybody ever hear of Cheese Days in Monroe, WI? It's a 3 day festival held in Sept. in even numbered years. Green County is one of the largest cheese producing areas in the world and they have this huge celebration that involves cheese, beer, brats, beer, polka, beer, blues music, beer, yodeling, beer, a 2 hr. parade on Sun., beer - you get the idea. We usually get about 100,000 people in town over the weekend. Would be a great place for a bunch of midwest caddy owners to have a nice fall get-together. Only problem is the lodging in the area gets booked up months ahead of time, but hey I've got plenty of room for a bunch of people to crash on the floor, couch, chair, wherever.

Cheese Days
http://www.cheesedays.com/

On the odd numbered years in Sept. the local brewery sponsors a huge blues festival that is starting gain a reputation in the midwest as being a must-see blues event. If you're a blues fan, last fall's event featured Sonny Landreth & James Cotton, plus a bunch of other great bands. In the past they've had Roomful of Blues, W.C. Clark, Pinetop Perkins, to name a few.

Berghoff & Blues
http://www.berghoffbeer.com/berghoffandblues/

#54 ·
Unfortunately, the extra monthly payment I need for a V goes to the ex in the form of child support :rant2:

#55 ·
Get her back so you can get the V?:banghead:

:bang2:

#56 ·
#58 ·
Hi all, Ron in Lake County ILL. new to the Cadillac owners experience, although I very nearly bought an ETC a few years ago (things just didn't work out). originally from Wisconsin, just north of Janesville so I know a few of the areas discussed so far.
got the midwest meet marked on my calendar, maybe see some of you there.
rg

#59 ·
I work in Lake County.... About 5 miles from the county building on Milwaukee and Winchester.... Follow Winchester to Technology Way, hang a left, and I work at the end of the road!

#60 ·
N0DIH - yes, I know the area fairly well. we may have crossed paths on occasion.
read your profile and wonder if you know of tracks around here where one could get timed (1/4 mile, maybe road course?). does great lakes still have grudge nights? I would like to find out just how quick the new DI car is. guess I could wait til the midwest meet.
thanks.
rg

#62 ·
I hit Pep Boys there once in a while... A friend of mine lives near there too. He has a 70 Monte Carlo for sale too if anyone is interested. Needs lots of work, but would be a killer car when done.... Love them long hood rides...

#67 ·
I did a map to round lake and see where you're at, about 2 hrs. away from me in Monroe. I've been to several golf courses in that woodstock, crystal lake, harvard area to the sw of you.

I see from the other thread that you're plannin to go to the meet in davenport, look forward to meeting you and checking out your cts.

#68 ·
We moved a couple months ago to Rockford, but I work in Lake County near 45 and 176 (between 176 and 137 on 45)...

#70 ·
I'm in Bloomington, IL writing java code for a major auto insurance company and sport an 03 escalade and an 02 wrx. I'm going to be getting rid of the 'lade unfortunately. If it doesn't sell then I'll hang around. :) My hobby is autocrossing the subaru and the escalade has cut into the race tire budget harder than anticipated. It's definitely a great tow vehicle and has done the job quite well. Feels good to sit in the nice leather after standing up all day in the sun! :)

I do custom java applications on the side as well. For a full blown "bio" (if you will) then check out my website.

#73 ·
Well it's nice to see one or two others from Minnesooooota here. I've always admired Cadillacs and I just bought my first one last Friday. I traded my 2000 Suburban for a Diamond White 2001 Deville DHS and so far I'm loving it! I'm looking forward to some warmer weather here to get the car all cleaned up and enjoy some cruising.

#74 ·
Welcome to the forum.

#76 ·
I recently purchased my '08 CTS DI. It is by far the nicest car I've ever owned. All things considered, I have only had my license since 2002. I have worked my ass off to afford this awesome car.

I live in metropolitan St. Louis, MO.
Welcome to the forum. Make yourself at home. If there's ever any reference material you're looking for that you can't find via "search" shoot me a PM.

When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.