Cadillac Owners Forum banner

From Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio or Wisconsin?

64K views 239 replies 97 participants last post by  paulmman 
#1 ·
Than get in here and introduce yourself to your neighbors!

#223 · (Edited)
Well I've been on here a while and found this thread, so I figured I better introduce myself.
My name's Joe and it looks like I'm the only small town ******* here so far ;).
Born and raised in Yorktown, IN (just outside Muncie). I'm a shadetree mechanic, a wheeler/dealer:sneaky: and avid car guy. I'm 29 and I've owned over 60 different vehicles already, including a '54 Hornet, an '83 Benz 300SD turbo diesel and a '48 Dodge pickup. I've never owned a riceburner (I usually stick to older cars that were actually built with real steel ;)).
I've owned 2 other Cadillacs and I'm now on my third-
A brown '84 CDV I got for $250 from a little old lady when I was 17. Loved it but I only had it all of a week before the 4100 locked up tighter than a nun's chastity belt :(.
And the only caddy I ever hated :duck::hide:, but I loved the drivetrain. A rosewood (freakin pink) '88 Seville ex-Mary Kay car I got for $450 from a DEALERSHIP if that tells you what it looked like. I was far from kind to it, but it just would not die! I would hit 100+mph on a regular basis, but it was still runnin with over 219k when I sold it!

My current baby is my '69 Calais coupe. 472, power seats, power windows and 65k showin on the clock. She needs the trans rebuilt and front brakes, but the old big block is still strong :)

#229 ·
My name is Raydeeohh, I'm from Lake County, Illinois and I drive a blue Cadillac cts better known as the Blue Gost because of its smooth and sleek look and performance. I'm a business owner that does like to travel and drive in luxury and style. My brother and dad are also Cadillac owners that enjoy the Cadillac. I'm looking to connect with other Caddy owners to share info.

----------

My dad drove Caddy'$ before I was born. My brother and I just fell right in line, listening to our old school music and the Blues. Lovely combination.

#232 ·
Tried to get-mrgeo41-and misspelled it, can't seem to get it changed. I had an El Dorado in the mid 60s and loved it. Recently purchased a 2003 DTS Crimson Pearl cloth top. Have had many big cars last one was 93 Town Car it passed away with over 200K on it re motored it and the electronics started to die had to get rid of it. Get this last year I traded it for a PT Cruiser trying to go a little sporty. My soul mate also had owned a Cadillac and when I started looking we spotted an El Dorado in Green Bay and that started the search. Looked at lots of DeVilles and this one stuck. 81400 mi when we bought it. Test drove an El Dorado with 119000 mi about the same year as the DTS from a stop when I punched it hard it was sluggish, the DTS peaches the tires no problem, being a four door and less miles, less $ and awesome looking I got it. Love it. Live in De Pere Wi wondering what club of any has a chapter here.

#233 ·
Hi, welcome.
I am in Madison, the only club I know of is the Badger Chapter of the Cadillac LaSalle Club in Milwaukee. They are hosting the national meet next summer. Driving tour of area for several days and then couple of days of car show, hundreds of Cadillacs from all over the US. Should be fun. Mostly older cars if you are into the Cadillac history.

#235 ·
Hey all my name is kyler and I'm from Hutchinson, MN. About 50 miles straight west of the twin cities. I'm 17 and drive a 2002 cadillac seville sts with 186xxx. White diamond with shale interior. I'm also fixing up my great grandparents 1988 brougham. I truly enjoy reading about these magnificent machines and talking with other owners. Learning about these cars is probably one of my most favorite things to do!

#238 ·
Howdy neighbor!
Not much goes on down here, I recommend Subscribing to this thread and you will get an email when something local is happening. (Click Cadillac Discussion Tools at top of page.)

Chit chat and such is up in Community Lounge, and then model specific pages are up in Past Vehicle Discussion.

Welcome and enjoy the new ride!
:welcome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.