From Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio or Wisconsin? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Great Lakes Discussion, From Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio or Wisconsin? in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Hola Bitches...
    FlyFlip420 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: From Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio or Wisconsin?

Hola Bitches

96Fleetwood is online now Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado Collectors Series and 1994 Fleetwood

Re: From Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio or Wisconsin?

Welcome!
    1994 Cadillac Fleetwood- the sleeper project
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collectors Edition WS6 Conv't- the show car
    2002 Cadillac Eldorado Collectors Series # 1572
    2006 Mini Cooper S BRG 6spd- the autox gokart
    2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged- wife's daily driver
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Crew 4x4- daily driver/tow vehicle

TURBO MINI VANS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I live in NE Ohio. I am a good friend of NUTZ (the member that is building a custom V rear end). I have been an avid Car Guy since I was a kid. I bought my first car when I was 13, I am now 53. I once went Drag Racing in one of my friend's Cadillac STS and it had a Northstar motor. If I remember right it ran some low 15.10 in the 1/4. It was one smooth ride.

I work two jobs, 1 which is more than full time as a Service Adviser at a Chevrolet Dealership, the other is part time and that is Promoting Car Shows and Drag Racing Events. One of my Events this year will be held in Columbus, Ohio on Father's Day Weekend the other will be held in Salem, Ohio the end of August.

I use to do Promotions from 1985 to 1991 then once more in 1995. I owned and started the Super Car Showdown which was a Heads Up Drag Race for cars from 1957 to 1974. I sold it off back in 1988 and started the National Muscle Car Association (NMCA) which was owned by Comp Cams back then. The NMCA was another Heads Up Drag Racing Event but it was looking for the World's Quickest Street Legal Vehicles.

I got out of race promotions back in 1991. At that time we were living in Memphis, Tn. and my wife and I were in Darlington, SC doing an Event and the girl that we hired left our sons (ages 2 & 4) at day care. Day car closed at 6:00pm and we got a call from them at 9:15pm that she never came to pick up the boys. I loaned her one of my cars while we were gone and she ended up wrecking it on the other side of the city. She even took the emergency cash I left just in case something came up. Day Care kept the boys that weekend but once we got home my wife said NEVER again and quit the NMCA. She moved back to Ohio, got her job back at the Post Office, came back to TN one month later and took the kids back to Ohio. I stayed one more month and quit to be with my family.

I did one more Event in 1995 but it got rained out and I lost my enthusiasm. Well my youngest son (he is almost 20 now), has been hounding me to do Promotions once more because he says he does not remember me doing this. The only way he even knows that I did such a thing is by the Car Magazine Articles that they received back then. Between the two Events from 1985 to 1991 they got on the Front Cover of 17 National Car Magazines and were featured inside 32 of them. All I can add is that I hope we are smiled on this year for the new Events.

Regards
    Chuck

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Welcome Chuck.

kfx
    kfx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS

Kurt, from Monroe, town of about 11,000 just a few miles from the IL border in southcentral WI. I've been on the cts forum for a while, just discovered this group, this is great being able to talk to fellow midwesterners. I work at UW-Madison (GO BADGERS) doing IT for university housing. We're the guys that keep the internet working for all the students in the halls and have to slap them down when they get caught doing illegal filesharing.

You should all plan on going to the midwest meet in Davenport, IA in April, Nick did a nice job setting up the one last year in Des Moines. We only had about 15 cars show up, but we had a blast, let's see if we can double that number this year.

Got an 03 raven sport lux, it's my midlife crisis (I got divorced last year), been having a great time modding. Posted a couple of pics, but they are old, since then I've added 18" Helo tease wheels, Borla dual exhaust, smoked sidemarker lights and finished my Alpine stereo install. I'll post newer pics when the weather warms up.
    Attached Images

kfx

BTW, anybody ever hear of Cheese Days in Monroe, WI? It's a 3 day festival held in Sept. in even numbered years. Green County is one of the largest cheese producing areas in the world and they have this huge celebration that involves cheese, beer, brats, beer, polka, beer, blues music, beer, yodeling, beer, a 2 hr. parade on Sun., beer - you get the idea. We usually get about 100,000 people in town over the weekend. Would be a great place for a bunch of midwest caddy owners to have a nice fall get-together. Only problem is the lodging in the area gets booked up months ahead of time, but hey I've got plenty of room for a bunch of people to crash on the floor, couch, chair, wherever.

Cheese Days
    http://www.cheesedays.com/

On the odd numbered years in Sept. the local brewery sponsors a huge blues festival that is starting gain a reputation in the midwest as being a must-see blues event. If you're a blues fan, last fall's event featured Sonny Landreth & James Cotton, plus a bunch of other great bands. In the past they've had Roomful of Blues, W.C. Clark, Pinetop Perkins, to name a few.

Berghoff & Blues
    http://www.berghoffbeer.com/berghoffandblues/

jasonShoup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I was born over in Indiana, but I live in Los Angeles now.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Actually, mid life crisis would have been a CTS-V

kfx

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Actually, mid life crisis would have been a CTS-V
    Unfortunately, the extra monthly payment I need for a V goes to the ex in the form of child support

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Get her back so you can get the V?

kfx

Quote Originally Posted by N0DIH View Post
    Get her back so you can get the V?
    lol, i'd rather take my chances robbing a bank

Hello!!

Quote Originally Posted by kfx View Post
    lol, i'd rather take my chances robbing a bank

Ronster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black/Ebony CTS-4, Other(s): 2009 Wicked Solstice

Hi all, Ron in Lake County ILL. new to the Cadillac owners experience, although I very nearly bought an ETC a few years ago (things just didn't work out). originally from Wisconsin, just north of Janesville so I know a few of the areas discussed so far.
    got the midwest meet marked on my calendar, maybe see some of you there.
    rg

I work in Lake County.... About 5 miles from the county building on Milwaukee and Winchester.... Follow Winchester to Technology Way, hang a left, and I work at the end of the road!

Ronster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black/Ebony CTS-4, Other(s): 2009 Wicked Solstice

N0DIH - yes, I know the area fairly well. we may have crossed paths on occasion.
    read your profile and wonder if you know of tracks around here where one could get timed (1/4 mile, maybe road course?). does great lakes still have grudge nights? I would like to find out just how quick the new DI car is. guess I could wait til the midwest meet.
    thanks.
    rg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.