Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Minnesota Meet this summer!

5K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  MN-STS-LOVER 
#1 ·
I think we should have a MN meet this summer, I know Tanner (derrty_deville), Brian (90Brougham350) and I have been planning a nice get together soon, so I thought it would be great if we could get some other MN members to join up too...Maybe AddisonII, Cadydaddy? I know those guys are in the twin cities too? I know there's some other MN residents I'm forgetting, so if I forgot your name (my apologies) speak up!

#5 ·
Let me know on a date and I might be in!

#6 ·
Cool, now we've got a solid base started.

What would you guys wanna do?
One day meet or a weekend deal?
Where?

#8 ·
August sometime...the state fair is always a possibility!

#9 ·
I would love to meet with everyone. Maybe we can find a place to "run" I would love to see if Nick's "bad ass CTS" is really that bad ass. Just love to run my N* when I get a chance. I have a buddy in FL with a stock 3.6 CTS...great car...would love to see how it would run with some improvements.

#11 ·
Are you all going to be able to get there without a bridge? That's some thing huh? Can't wait to hear the cause.

#12 ·
Wheres the state fair at? I will be In Decorah Iowa so I could make a little day trip on Saturday maybe.

You guys want a State Fair?? Come to Des Moines next week for the best fair in the nation.

#13 ·
Wheres the state fair at?
Pretty much smack dab in the middle of St. Paul.

Are you all going to be able to get there without a bridge? That's some thing huh? Can't wait to hear the cause.
We'll just have to stand on both banks of the river and yell across!

Aug 25 or 26 sounds good. Meet up and head to the fair after a while.

I gotta do another yard run the 11th and 12th.
Sounds like a plan for me on both accounts.

I would love to meet with everyone. Maybe we can find a place to "run" I would love to see if Nick's "bad ass CTS" is really that bad ass. Just love to run my N* when I get a chance. I have a buddy in FL with a stock 3.6 CTS...great car...would love to see how it would run with some improvements.
And I'd love to see how well a Northstar and 3.6L CTS can keep up with a 4.9 out of the hole!

I called Jesda yesterday regarding this, he's not sure if he's gonna go out to Seattle in August, and if he doesn't go out there, he's got no reason to detour thru MN on the way home.

We'll see if we can get him to come to the meet regardless. :)

#16 ·
I'm gonna be up in Duluth the 18th and 19th, but other than that, I think I'm free every other weekend. How about you all?

#18 ·
25th would work for me if it was after 4, otherwise I could join up if you wanted to meet up earlier. I get off work at 4 on Saturdays. I wanna try and save up my vacation days for the Tampa meet in November...I'm gonna need 4 days there if I wanna fly down and back and have enough time to screw around down there. IIRC, I only get 5 vacation days in a year, but maybe it's up to 7 because I've been working there over a year now.

Regarding junkyards, are you looking for a "U-Pull" type of joint or any sort of a junkyard? We've got tons of them down here, but I think the only U-Pull type of a place is the one in Rosemount. I don't recall the name or place of that one in Wisconsin Brian told us about, you'd have to ask him.

#21 ·
The junkyard in Somerset is about 5 times as big as Rosemount, I think, I'm actually heading out there this weekend. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's the only junkyard in Somerset. I'll be trying to find a new rear bumper, and maybe some d'Elegance seats for the Brougham. Who knows, maybe some wire wheels too!

#20 ·
I stick to upulls or else the car is too old. Anything over 10 years old is usually not something anyone stocks. I think I may go back to rosemount to get all the white panels for the sedan. Other than that I just need a few other things, some wheels and a windshield which I might get somewhere around here.

#22 ·
I've got no plans Sunday. Or saturday afternoon for that matter.

HINT HINT

#24 ·
To anyone who's interested:

Brian (90Brougham350) and Tanner (derrty_deVille) are going to that junkyard tomorrow around noon I think. I'm not sure on the details of that bit because I'm working tomorrow until 4, but I'm meeting up with them and MN-STS-Lover at the Davannis in Woodbury at 4:45-5:00 for dinner. If anyone else in the area is interested, PM me and I'll give you my cell phone number so you can get directions and meet up with us.

#25 ·
We're on for the state fair on the 26th. I'm gonna be there, along with Tanner, I believe Steve can make it, and Brian is a "maybe". Now what time are we meeting and where?

#27 ·
Do you all wanna meet at the fair or at my place and carpool to the fair? God knows it's tough enough to get down there with one car, nonetheless 5.

#29 ·
Awesome, so right now it's Brian, Tanner, Steve and I. Nick, are you in???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.