FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking food - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Great Lakes Discussion, FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking food in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; O.K. I'm in. Should arrive Saturday morning for some shopping and then check-in at the hotel for a short nap ...
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Re: FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking fo

O.K. I'm in. Should arrive Saturday morning for some shopping and then check-in at the hotel for a short nap before the cruise.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking food

Cool! I think you'll be the first Northstar Eldorado to be there!
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

Re: FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking fo

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    Cool! I think you'll be the first Northstar Eldorado to be there!
    And you guys are going to be the first to see the Eldorado-V grille.

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

Re: FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking food

Hehe, you stayin at the Super 8 Gizmo??

Glad I made all the reservations with room for extra people!!

Also, you are required to race one of the 3.6 CTSs. There has been a lot of debate as to who would win. I think I will take you but my car has developed a problem this week- I think I have a failing cat. Seems like it is clogging so I may have lost some power. We will see!

Also, my phone number is 515-202-4737. Call me when you get in or if you need anything!

Quote Originally Posted by nickc50310 View Post
    Hehe, you stayin at the Super 8 Gizmo??

Glad I made all the reservations with room for extra people!!

Also, you are required to race one of the 3.6 CTSs. There has been a lot of debate as to who would win. I think I will take you but my car has developed a problem this week- I think I have a failing cat. Seems like it is clogging so I may have lost some power. We will see!

Also, my phone number is 515-202-4737. Call me when you get in or if you need anything!
    Yes, I did reserve a room at the Super8/Econolodge for Saturday night. Too bad I can't go out partying with you guys, but I have another meet Sunday in Chicago. Just want to do a little shopping, show, sleep, and go.

I'd love to put the CTS kids in their place, but that could be a problem. I hotrodded my 95 Eldo and got all of 184000 miles out of it before the motor gave up, this one I'm setting up as a cruiser (although it is tempting.)

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

HAHA, you do realize that I have destroyed my brothers STSs more times than I can count. A stock Eldo has almost zero chance against me. You V8 guys underestimate us.... LOL!!!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I ATE WAY TOO MUCH. WHY DIDN'T YOU PEOPLE STOP ME?

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    I ATE WAY TOO MUCH. WHY DIDN'T YOU PEOPLE STOP ME?
    And this was before the tenderloin suicide at Porky's today!

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    And this was before the tenderloin suicide at Porky's today!
    But it was soooooo good! This was a great meet guys. Well planned, good attendance (at least by is V cars ) Cant wait to hear the flack I'm game get for that comment. J just feel bad that J hadn't done any mod other than the grille. The list of my mods aren't planned for completion till fall. I'll keep you guys posted.

It was really good meeting everyone. I appreciate all the help you guys gave me about my mods. Maybe next time we will be able to convince the Allante driver log join us and maybe get an XL R on board. My pics of the '41 caddy are crap so l if anyone has some decent shots of it send me a PM.

Man, too many typos. That's what I get for posting while driving

noahsdad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 SDV

Wish I could have been there. Anybody going to post pics???

GMBOUND is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Had a great time folks. I enjoiyed meeting you all!
    Attached Images

JRau is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, 1993 Sedan De Ville

A great time was had by all this weekend! Excellent food! Really enjoyed meeting everyone, too! Many thanks to NickC50310 for taking over the planning after my new job in Chicagoland took me out of the action for a while.
    Nick--really nice job, man! Nice to meet you and your brother for lunch Thursday, too.

Chad, gdwriter: enjoyed looking through your brochures. gdwriter: Hoover was a great addition to our meet. Thanks for driving out!

Jesda:Nice exhaust, and I enjoyed the Q's workout at the Target parking lot. Appreciated your humor and your bumper sticker!

kael: You are too funny, man... You should do stand-up comedy. Maybe we can hook up in Chicagoland for a genuine Chicago-style pizza. Glad you enjoyed your meal at Latin King. I can appreciate going to a new area and trying what is your hometown's famous specialty (Italian in this case)

90Brougham350: Enjoyed chatting with you! Congrats on your college graduation, good luck with your engagement, and best wishes on your career.

To the V-series guys: Enjoyed hearing your cars--both the stereos and the tires upon steep acceleration!! Sharp color, too.

kfx, gdwriter: CPAP's rule!! Woohoo!
    Attached Images

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I came back to the hotel room and left a terrible mess in the sink, toilet, shower... pretty much vomit everywhere. Worse, the sink was clogged and overflowing, forcing me to scoop out last night's veal and zucchini with my fingers. I was finally able to unclog the sink with soap and shampoo, then washed and scrubbed my hands for a good ten to fifteen minutes. Good thing this room has two bathrooms.
    I'm leaving an apology note and a generous tip for the cleaning staff.

This is the 1,000th time I'll say this:
    I'M NEVER DRINKING AGAIN.

Until next time.

I took about 400 pictures, which I'll upload to the server tonight and make a "best of" pic thread.

JRau is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, 1993 Sedan De Ville

Yeah!! My son finally fixed my signature!

JRau

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.