FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking food - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Great Lakes Discussion, FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking food in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Where are we meeting and when? 10 days!...
    Flyin-Ryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

Re: FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking food

Where are we meeting and when? 10 days!

kfx
    kfx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS

Re: FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking fo

Quote Originally Posted by nickc50310 View Post
    Well boys I hit one of the hardest public courses in the nation on Saturday and played like shit. It was my second worst round in my life. If I play like that at TCI Ill be the embarassed one!!

I also talked to some people about TCI. It is a VERY tough course so bring your a game. If we want to play an easier course just let me know!

Heres the list of attendees so far:

Me
    My brother
    David
    Maggie
    Kenny
    Caleb
    Tony
    I love Caddys
    Brougham
    JRAU
    Ryan
    GDWriter

I may have missed a couple and a couple on the list MIGHT not make it. Im hoping a few more confirm this week!
    Hey Nick, don't forget bout me, i've been confirmed since the getgo, got room booked at econolodge (was super 8?) for fri & sat. of course now my buddy might be backing out, but i'm coming either way, will let you know for sure by this fri. whether I have 1 or 2 for meals & golf.

For golf, are you talking about everyone playing at the tournament players club of iowa in polk city? http://www.tcofiowa.com/
    That will rock, i have a friend who says it's a must play if yer in the area, says it's one of the harder courses he's played (he plays all over the country).

I finally played my 1st round this year at a very difficult course in Madison, WI, University Ridge. http://www.universityridge.com/page/204-6709.htm
    Overall I was pretty happy, shot a 94 (yes that's for 18). Actually ended up playing 27 holes. between that & putting on my new d&s rotors/painted calipers this weekend I'm so sore I can hardly move.

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

Re: FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking food

Yup, knew I would forget a couple! I also forgot my buddy Chris!

Yeah, Im going to hit the linx again this weekend to better prepare myself for the following week. Im normally good for 42 to 50 on nine holes but lets just say i was over 60 last week.... how that happened is totally beyond me!!!

kfx
    kfx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS

Re: FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking fo

Yup, knew I would forget a couple! I also forgot my buddy Chris!

Yeah, Im going to hit the linx again this weekend to better prepare myself for the following week. Im normally good for 42 to 50 on nine holes but lets just say i was over 60 last week.... how that happened is totally beyond me!!!
    i've been know to have an occasional round north of 50. sounds like you and i are similar golfers (hackers), i'm usually a bogey golfer too, low 40's if i'm hittin well.

Ok nick...Im in for golf too. I didnt know so many would bring their stuff.

Woot, got another one tonight. My buddy Chris is having his friend come out with his 95 Deville!!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

You guys should go back and re-bump all the threads posted in the car-specific sections.

One week!!! Man I need to clean this car up

My "60% likely to go" is now a "80% likely". I'll probably book my (and Chad's) hotel room on Monday through Priceline.

When I went to the Tampa meet, I scored a REALLY nice Doubletree luxury suite for $50/night. I suspect I can do even better in a midsize town like Des Moines.

Hey Jesda, when do you plan on leaving the STL and on what day

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin-Ryan View Post
    One week!!! Man I need to clean this car up
    I prepped Cruella a little at a time since we've had a very wet spring in Oregon. Took my steam vac to the carpets one weekend (did the carpets and upholstery in Betty, too), did the Dove/Pledge treatment to the interior the next, then finally washed her, did the clay bar and wax two weekends ago. It was stormy again last week, so even though Cruella didn't get all that dirty, I washed her again Saturday after I washed Betty. So she's ready for the trip. Depending on the weather driving cross-country I may or may not have to wash her again once I get to my sister's in Omaha. At the very least, I'll need to clean all the bugs off the front.

As for golf, any course is a challenge for me. I'm a total hacker. I played a very short par-3 course after work on Monday (several holes were under 100 yards) and shot a 43 for nine holes, which isn't bad for me, especially considering I haven't played in six years. The new clubs feel good, and I had enough decent drives and chip shots that I won't be embarrassed in Des Moines. I even sank a 20-25 putt, which totally made my day. If there's time, I'll hit the driving range after work tomorrow and may either go to the driving range or play a quick 9 holes with my sister when I get to Omaha next Friday.

Even though turnout appears lower than originally expected, I'm still looking forward to the road trip and the meet. I'll be taking pictures and posting them here along the way.

Fantastic! Wait till after the meet and we will post all of our pics in one thread over in the lounge! Im hitting Waveland again this weekend. If I dont get it down to 50 or better Im gonna look like a total ******* at TCI!! LOL!!!

Say, whatever happened to Benzilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin-Ryan View Post
    Hey Jesda, when do you plan on leaving the STL and on what day
    Good question. We should caravan.

Hell, I don't even own a Cadillac. What if we just took your car and split the gas? If I bring my brother, that could be a 3-way savings.

Allright boys. Just finalized the cruise route and stopping points. Going to be a pretty awesome cruise. Going to have 5 stopping points and will go through downtown and the Saylorville lake area. Going to be everything from downtown cruisin to gorgeous views from outside the city. I also decided on the restaurant for Friday night. Going to go with spaghetti works in downtown. Fantastic food. Their speciality is all you can eat spaghetti. They have other sutff also though. Great family restaraunt. That also puts us on the main strip for the AWESOME downtown bars. From dinner we can decide what bars to hit. We can stay in the downtown area or go to other bars. Im pretty excited!!!!

The cruise will be perfectly coordinated with maps being distributed before we start.

I have also decided on brunch for sunday. We will go to the north end diner for their buffet. Great food!! Brunch will just be whoever decides to get up and go. probably hit it around noon, after check out time. Its right down the street from the hotel.

Heres the link for Spaghetti Works:
    http://www.spagworks.com/

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Allright boys. Just finalized the cruise route and stopping points. Going to be a pretty awesome cruise. Going to have 5 stopping points and will go through downtown and the Saylorville lake area. Going to be everything from downtown cruisin to gorgeous views from outside the city. I also decided on the restaurant for Friday night. Going to go with spaghetti works in downtown. Fantastic food. Their speciality is all you can eat spaghetti. They have other sutff also though. Great family restaraunt. That also puts us on the main strip for the AWESOME downtown bars. From dinner we can decide what bars to hit. We can stay in the downtown area or go to other bars. Im pretty excited!!!!

The cruise will be perfectly coordinated with maps being distributed before we start.
    Will there be a group cruise just on Friday night or also on Saturday to Porky's?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.