FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking food - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Great Lakes Discussion, FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking food in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Thanks for all your help GD!! I will send a mass PM to those people in the list today. I ...
    nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

Re: FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking food

Thanks for all your help GD!! I will send a mass PM to those people in the list today. I also have several others that have expressed interest that I will PM!

kfx
    kfx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS

Re: FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking fo

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    OK, problem solved with the hotel. Ashley was off today, but I spoke to Cathy (I think that's her name), and she found our group with the reservation code CGCICS. She said it would be best to call before 3 p.m. to make your reservations; either she or Ashley will be there, and they at least know what's going on.
    hey gd, I had booked a sat. night room at this hotel a long time ago and then a couple of weeks ago I added fri. night when the whole racing thing fell through in cedar falls. Are you saying they lost all our reservations and I need to call and rebook or is everything kosher?

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Re: FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking fo

Quote Originally Posted by kfx View Post
    hey gd, I had booked a sat. night room at this hotel a long time ago and then a couple of weeks ago I added fri. night when the whole racing thing fell through in cedar falls. Are you saying they lost all our reservations and I need to call and rebook or is everything kosher?
    I think everything's fine; when you made your reservations, did you get the group rate? I think they told me $54 for a double.

The person I talked to on Saturday couldn't find our group code in the reservations system, but when I called Sunday and spoke to Cathy, she found the group code right away.

kfx

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    I think everything's fine; when you made your reservations, did you get the group rate? I think they told me $54 for a double.

The person I talked to on Saturday couldn't find our group code in the reservations system, but when I called Sunday and spoke to Cathy, she found the group code right away.
    i asked for the group rate but she told me the block of reserved rooms was already full and gave me a rate of like $69. When I go there I'll just tell them I'm with the caddi group and see what happens. I read some online reviews for this hotel and everyones says it's a POS dump and every time I call them they seem kind of clueless, but maybe it will be a little better if some other chain took it over.

I figure I'll be drunk all weekend anyways and just need a place to crash.

kfx

i hope more people commit to this, i'm really lookin forward to it and was hoping there would be a bunch of cts's so I could see what cool things people are doing to their rides. Need to get ideas for rims!

Re: FIRST EVER NATIONAL MEET Des Moines, Iowa May 18th-20th 1/4 mile golf drinking food

Spam mission complete.

Dont worry Kurt, we will have plenty of CTS's! All those Chicago guys will be there. If not, Flip gets a beatdown when I see him!! LOL!!!

My friend Maggie will be there in her 03. I will be posting a pic tonight probably. She is SMOKIN!!

Count me in for two people, plus Hoover. My Dad got his substitute driver, so he's making the trip with me.

I dug my golf clubs out of the attic a couple of weeks ago and finally made it out to the driving range last night. Iím thinking itís been at least six years, maybe longer since I swung my clubs.

I expected to be even more awful than I was before, but I was surprised. Even though I had my share of crappy swings and balls that went nowhere, I had more good strokes than I expected. My back did start hurting after about 3/4 of the bucket was gone, but again, not bad considering how long itís been. Iím going to try going again next week and possibly playing a par 3 course before the trip.

Nick, how many people are confirmed for golf? I talked to my sister who currently lives in Omaha about coming over to play, but she doesn't know yet if she can come. She's an excellent golfer and will help make up for my major suckage.

Flyin-Ryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

How are the plans for this meet going? All set in stone?

Yup, we are all set. Flyflip wont be there as he is closing on his new house the following week. Should still be a lot of fun. We are going to get bent as shit!!!!

Good deal. I hope other from chicago can make it. but its too bad about flyflip. Maybe we can head out there for a summer meet like they had last aug.

Well, I'm ready for golf on Sunday.

I went into The Sports Authority Wednesday to get a new glove and decided to look at clubs since the ones I have feel too short (I'm 6' 0"). I'm not a good enough golfer for expensive clubs to make much difference. Unfortunately, when I see clubs on sale, most often, they'll say "Men's right-hand only." It can be hard to find left-handed clubs.

So I'm looking at the displays, and there are several sets in the $125-$150 range, and I'm checking the display cards to see if any are available left-handed. I take down an iron from one of the displays to see how the length feels, and it dawns on me that it's a left-handed club. Bingo!

I ended up buying the display set: Dunlop Rebels with a graphite shafts for $149, marked down $100. Since my old bag was pretty ratty, I bought a new standing bag, also on sale, for $59. Oh, and I did get the new glove I had come in for in the first place.

It rained Thursday, so my plans to play at the local par-3 course fell through, but I'm going to go out there after work on Monday. I did get to the driving range last night, though. It was very windy, which probably didn't help my accuracy, but I had enough good drives to believe I won't be embarrassed in Des Moines. I'm still topping some balls, especially with my shorter irons, so my game definitely needs lots of work.

Of course, I didn't need new clubs for the meet, but I had already decided I wanted to start playing golf again. With my little sister, who's a championship amateur golfer, moving to Oregon for the next three years during her husband's next assignment, I'll have more opportunities to play and improve my game. So it was a good time to get new clubs. FORE!

Whats the list of people look like now? We are getting close! Cant wait to see Elvis!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin-Ryan View Post
    Whats the list of people look like now? We are getting close! Cant wait to see Elvis!
    Elvis is coming? Very cool.

I would also like to see an updated list of attendees.

Had the one-year checkup on my rebuilt tranny a month early, and it's fine. Also had the serpentine belt replaced last week, so Cruella is ready to go cross country.

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Searching for the right one..

Count me out fellas.. I am going to Virginia from the 16th till the 22nd...

Well boys I hit one of the hardest public courses in the nation on Saturday and played like shit. It was my second worst round in my life. If I play like that at TCI Ill be the embarassed one!!

I also talked to some people about TCI. It is a VERY tough course so bring your a game. If we want to play an easier course just let me know!

Heres the list of attendees so far:

Me
    My brother
    David
    Maggie
    Kenny
    Caleb
    Tony
    I love Caddys
    Brougham
    JRAU
    Ryan
    GDWriter

I may have missed a couple and a couple on the list MIGHT not make it. Im hoping a few more confirm this week!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.