2000 Esclade, Erratic Fuel Gauge
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, 2000 Esclade, Erratic Fuel Gauge in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I can watch the fuel gauge periodically wander +/- 1/4 tank indication slowly over about 15 seconds then hold that ...
    Vanavery is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2000 Esclade, Erratic Fuel Gauge

I can watch the fuel gauge periodically wander +/- 1/4 tank indication slowly over about 15 seconds then hold that position until the next wandering incident. Consequently, I can never tell how much fuel is remaining. Renton WA Cadillac dealer has changed the sending unit in the tank twice and even had the entire dash cluster containing the fuel gauge sent in for repair. Report back on fuel gauge was there is nothing wrong with it. Dealer said they do not know what is wrong, gave up trying to fix it, which took 2 weeks and complemented the repair effort for free since they could not fix it. I also notice that when I fill up the tank the gauge goes off scale past the full indication if that is any diagnostic help. What should I do now?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddie02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Sedan Deville, 2000 Sedan Deville

Re: 2000 Esclade, Erratic Fuel Gauge

Even though this may be an old post. I have had similar issues with my 2000 Deville. The fuel gauge has never worked right since I have owned the car. It either tells me Im completely full, or empty. I must rely on the gallons used to know when my car is almost empty since I know I have a 16 gallon tank. If there was an easy fix, by all means I would love to know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.