Turn Signals Solid When HeadLights On!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Turn Signals Solid When HeadLights On! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; For some reason, when my headlights are on the turn signals are solid, however they do flash when I move ...
    NuCaddyMan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan DeVille

Turn Signals Solid When HeadLights On!

For some reason, when my headlights are on the turn signals are solid, however they do flash when I move the stalk...

I have noticed that I have inner and outer park lamps, but only the inner ones are solid, does this mean I have some burned out bulbs (maybe a dual purpose bulb)?

Please Help...!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Turn Signals Solid When HeadLights On!

The outer lamps should only be on if they are "cornering lamps". They come on when the headlights are on and the blinker is put on.

As for the solid turn signals...when the headlights are on and you move the stalk, the exteror signals do flash?

If you can, pull any codes the car may have. A How To to pull codes is in the Tech Tips section. Maybe there is a short or ground...

TechHead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have the same problem with my '97 STS! However, in my case, only the left blinker light is on when the lights are on (this is only on the inside). In addition, I observe the following anomolies:

1. The left front turn signal light is not illuminated when the lights are on like the right side is, but it does blink with the turn signal is turned on.
    2. The left turn signal blinks faster than the right turn signal.
    3. When I turn on the right turn signal, the "Hazard" indicator on the dash blinks with the turn signal light.

These things were not happening 2 weeks ago and I know of nothing that could have triggered it. When it first started to happen, I replaced bulbs but did not get any change in behavior.

*** HOWEVER ***

I have read on this forum today that you can get some strange things like this happening when your bulb sockets are corroded. And, when I was replacing the bulbs, the "white" light on the left side that turns on to illuminate the side of the road when you put on your turn signal was rusted into the socket. I had to break the bulb and remove it with a needle nose plyers to put in a new one. The new one works, but I still have the same problem in the cabin and it is driving me NUTS! My next step is to try to clean out that socket (previously mentioned) to see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't, I will probably try replacing it! I'll let you know how that goes!

By the way, have you ever owned a car that has so many darned light bulbs?

Any other suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!
    GW

miss411 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have the same problem with my 96 deville what on earth is going on?? Some help us with this outbreak epidimic!!

NuCaddyMan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan DeVille

Miss411,

In my case the bulbs were out, changing them did the trick...I noticed that also the contacts can sometimes be faulty...But I would try the bulbs first...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.