Boosted my battery...now no dash lights
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Boosted my battery...now no dash lights in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I boosted my battery in my 92 Eldorado, but made a costly amateur mistake. Not paying attention I crossed the ...
    mlanzi300 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Boosted my battery...now no dash lights

I boosted my battery in my 92 Eldorado, but made a costly amateur mistake. Not paying attention I crossed the jumper cables + on - and - on +. Now my dash does not work. My dash has analog MPH and RPM guages (which still work), but the digital heating and a/c displays are gone (the buttons to control the heating and a/c do still work). On the left of the dash I had system info such as oil pressure, engine temperature, mile/trip odometer, etc; that is now all gone. Basicall all digital displays are now gone. A couple of lights such as check engine, security, and seatbelt still work, and light when the ignition is turned on.

I check all fuses and they are good, but some of the connectors in the fuse box don't have power going to them, possibly the fault is before the box namely D13, D11, B7, B9, and A13 in the trunk fuse box, and B11 in the engine fuse box.

Any suggestions, I'll try anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MMNineInchNails is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Boosted my battery...now no dash lights

You blew one or more fuses somewhere. Find it.

up2ng is offline Cadillac Owners Member

First things first, never connect the negative on the 'boosting' car to anything but a good metal ground (alternator/PS pump mount is great), never connect it to the neg battery terminal !

OK on the internal fuse block, top row, 2nd from the right is a 10amp fuse that looks to me to be the problem (especially if you dont see the airbag light)

If not I would start checking wire starting at the battery cale and work my way back)

CadiJeff is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1981 CoupeDeville, 2 1990 Eldorados, 1994ETC ,1992STS

stupid suggestion..... on my 94 eldo there is an on/off switch that does exactly what you describe have you tried that? (if it is there) The switch is located on the driver info center

mlanzi300 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I don't know of any toher fuse locations aside from the trunck and under the hood, the ones in that location all check OK , I also tried the On/Off button on the dash, no luck.

Any other Ideas

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.