1981 Cadillac Deville alternator
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, 1981 Cadillac Deville alternator in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi, I have a 1981 Cadillac Deville and I"m being told that the alternator needs to be replaced. I wanted ...
    Sara is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1981 Cadillac Deville alternator

Hi, I have a 1981 Cadillac Deville and I"m being told that the alternator needs to be replaced. I wanted to be handy and do this myself, but well let's see I know virtualy nothing about cars I don't even know what an alternator looks like, but I would really like to do this on my own. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, or knows where to find this sort of thing out, please help me out. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Re: 1981 Cadillac Deville alternator

It's the belt driven accessory thats closest to the battery on your car. It's right under where two metal lines go into rubber hoses. Make sure you take the old one out first, then go to the parts store in another car, as there is often a core charge, and you can then match it up right there, saving another trip.

MMNineInchNails is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: 1981 Cadillac Deville alternator

And when you put it back on make sure that belt is tight enough so that it wont squeel and make sure it's connected to the right pulleys. If you have any doubts about remembering where things go, make sure you take a few pictures. Be sure to plug in all the electrical wires that are pluged into the old alternator to the new alternator.

http://www.autodily.net/foto/alternator.jpg
    That's a picture of what an alternator looks like. Yours may differ, but it will look similar.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.