Optima Battery worth the extra cost?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Optima Battery worth the extra cost? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I need a battery for the DeVille, is the Optima worht the extra $40 over a Diehard Gold? Thanks...
    gmin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Optima Battery worth the extra cost?

I need a battery for the DeVille, is the Optima worht the extra $40 over a Diehard Gold?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Optima Battery worth the extra cost?

IMO no... I have a diehard gold right now, and you cant beat the 3 year replacement warranty there.....

Optimas are good quality batterys, and IMO arent much use unless your in extreme conditions (IE really hot, really cold, or run really hard).....

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You may also want to check into Dynacell batteries made by Deka. They have a 5 year replacement guarantee with no pro-rate.

DPGC23 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 FLEETWOOD94 BROUGHAM

Arent Optimas Good For Ur Ride When You Have A Nice Sound System?

Dpgc23

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe

I take it you never owned one Wes? They blow them everlast out of the water. Optimas are great batteries!!!! You can mount them any way you want since there is nothing to leak from. I got one in my Durango. If you do get one better get either the Yellow top or the blue top. They both have extra posts.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Remember get the highest CCA that will fit under your hood, whatever brand you get. (Cold Cranking Amps) We've had good luck with Delco batteries, I've got one on our Pontiac since 1997, through some rough prairie winters!

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

I'm not happy with Delco batteries anymore. The last 2 I've had have been no good. The older ones used to last a long time but I guess something changed.

Big Jim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My battery dealer told me they are seeing 8 to 10 year life out of Optimas in normal service. That alone would make them a good buy. I've got one in my 454 Suburban and it cranks that monster quite nicely.

PhillyCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS

I have interstate in my caddy and opt. in my off road truck, the opt. has been in for 2 years and never givin me any problems, though for the car I like interstate batteries. I have seen some of them go 5-6 years.

gmin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the replies. I fly to Flordia on Friday to buy a 96 DeVille with 47K miles. It needs a battery and some minor general maintenance. It also has a freon low code and a few security systems codes. The passengers door lock won't open with the remote or drivers switch. You can here the lock when the switch is engaged (cause for the security codes?) opens with the key. That being said, I'm getting the car for $3800. Paint and interior in nice shape. I can't pass on the deal. My boys don't seem too excited about dad driving a big Caddy. They say it is not very cool. They will probably change their minds when they get a ride.

Glenn

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Quote Originally Posted by brougham
    I'm not happy with Delco batteries anymore. The last 2 I've had have been no good. The older ones used to last a long time but I guess something changed.
    AC DELCO make great OEM electrical parts. PARTS not batteries that is. Their batteries are crappola. Go for the OPTIMA or INTERSTATE.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.