Windows, trunk,fuel door, bright lights 96 Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Windows, trunk,fuel door, bright lights 96 Deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Satatic 95 or 96 Deville. OK well i accidently bridged the ground and 12v constant to the ...
    Guyz1996deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

Windows, trunk,fuel door, bright lights 96 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Satatic
    95 or 96 Deville. OK well i accidently bridged the ground and 12v constant to the radio while trying to find the remote wire. The radio wont turn on, the power windows wont work, the fuel door and trunk poper wont work. I looked all over the fuses and relays in the engine compartment. I found the small size fuses and none seemed to be for anything that wasnt working. So i pulled that plastic cover off and found the big fuses and I found one for the windows. I pulled that out and swaped with the the power seats sense they were the same rateing, windows still dont work. Now something i noticed that was a bunch of 4 pronged fuses (Relays i think?) and one was labeled accessory. All the fuses were cool to the touch except this one. It was warm. So i figure i'll start by replacing that. Is there any other fuse panels hidden around the car? I really cant see a 12v constant power wire with no fuse... I'm very sorry about this post being so long, usualy I forget all the details but i remembered everything this time :coolgleam . I rellay need to get this problem corrected cause the dirvers side window was down when this happened. Its cold out and my friend has to drive to work tomorrow with it down. Any help is appreciated very much
    This one only got one reply and it was no help. I would love to roll my windows down. I did the same thing>>>>

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jmdolab is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 deville

Re: Windows, trunk,fuel door, bright lights 96 Deville

Did you ever find out the problem the same thing just happened to my 96 deville...i noticed you posted this long ago but if you remember please let me know asap

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.