OBD I Diagnostic Trouble Codes - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, OBD I Diagnostic Trouble Codes in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Thanks for that list. Now I am wondering why I get a zero for octane rating?...
    jsjag is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville Concours

Re: OBD I Diagnostic Trouble Codes

Thanks for that list. Now I am wondering why I get a zero for octane rating?

cory005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

go to alldatadiy.com you can buy online book with every code ever for your car and alot more info

thedevilleinme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 deville concours

hi all. i can't find so32 in the code list. does anyone know what that is? i'm also showing so30, s036, and so44, and the service ride control message.

thanks.

fsugrd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1994 STS thank you for the codes, but can you tell me which pins I need to jump across to read the codes? Thanks

DConfusion is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

1993 FWB - Having read the OBD I info - used the 'off' + 'up_temp_arrow', and got a display stating "off -00". Nothing happens after that, on it's own.
    Pressed the "outside" button - and all the display says is "32".

Pressing the up_temp, down_temp arrows has no effect - no codes are displayed, no modes are scrolled through. Ditto with using the "front_defrost" + "off" button.

Am I missing something in understanding how the OBD-I works in 1993 Fleetwood Broughams ?

I have been fighting an intermittent 'no spark' starting condition, that happens once or twice every two or three months - and no shop has been able to isolate to date. Been going on for almost three years. This week though, it has happened three times. Fuel is fine - even prime the TB with fuel - absolutely no fire, although it cranks good and strong. I was HOPING that the OBD-I would give me some info about what could be wrong.

Have checked all 'reachable' connections on ignition circuit - coil connections tight, distributor tight, no fuses blown, moved around circuit breakers - no change.

Go out one day, crank it - no start. The next morning, it may start right up.
    Temperatures are mild (75-90) - humidity fairly low. Example, Last night - no start - multiple attempts, fuel checked, connections checked. This morning, still no start. Call garage, arrange for mechanic to come on-site and diagnose on the spot. Went back out, tried checking the OBD - same results. Turn ignition, car fired right up. Cancelling mechanic.

So, the bottom line - am I using the OBD properly, is the OBD possibly disabled, or is it just not giving me any information ?

Any Suggestions on better troubleshooting , another piece of equip to hook up that may provide good/better/SOME TYPE OF diagnostics about what may be going on would be appreciated.

If you need to move this post to another area, my apologies for putting it here. My understanding is that the OBD capabilities of the FWB changed dramatically between the 93 and 94 models.

3ntropy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac DeVille 2002

Is there a list for OBD II codes? i have a 2002 deville base with some currents.

thanks

*edit* nvmd. found the thread. sry bout that.

Warky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '95 STS

Re: Diagnostic Trouble Codes

Many thanks for the DTC list.
    Warky

cfloyd70 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 deville

I got these codes off a 2000 deville IPC U1064 current---IPC U1301 current and IPC B1004 and B1438 history can u tell me what they are??

coldnsnowy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Deville, 95 Deville, 87 Monte Carlo LS (not stock)

I got a couple quick code questions as well. 94 Deville 4.9.
    PO52 PCM memory reset.
    IO39 Loss of road sensing suspension data
    IO52 keep alive memory error
    The suspension one not so much but what do the other 2 mean, especially the last one. Also aren't the interior lights suppose to light up when you pull the door handle when the doors are locked??? I've got keyless entry but I guess I have the number 2 remote and it only works once and a while. Ideas?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

This "sticky" thread is intended to steer you to the code meanings. Diagnosis comes in the individual model/engine forums. You need to post in Electrical or your particular model threads.

coldnsnowy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Deville, 95 Deville, 87 Monte Carlo LS (not stock)

Got cha thanks

caddydave2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1992 Sedan Deville

Hey guys, any idea on what would make the OBD stop working? 1992 cadillac deville btw, 4.9. I got the car, and supposedly, it needed a tranny and a battery. Jumped the battery and got her home, driving it in 1st gear. Once home, I checked the OBD and it came up with three codes, E52(battery), E75(PRNDL Switch) and E91(VSS). Found the PRNDL switch to be loose, so I positioned it the best I could and tightened it. Disconnected the VSS switch, looked at the connector, and reconnected it. Got back into the car, cleared the codes(off and hi, off and low) until it read clear.(7.0). Took the car for a drive and the tranny worked fantastic! Color me one happy man!

On the second test drive however, I felt the car surging when I would come to a stop. You could hear the idle, high/normal/high/normal. So I went to check the OBD again and it's messed up. After I push warmer and off, "000" is displayed, then 7.0, and then it just cycles back and forth every second or two between them. 000, 7.0 , 000 7.0. If I clear the codes, it will show
    E0.0 but it is also alternated between the 000. So it would flash 000, E0.0, 000, etc.

Any ideas on what this could mean/be? In the mornings when I drive it, it does not surge.

Also to note, the security system on this car is also messed up. The trunk key cylinder is missing, and looks like it had a wire connected to it. The drivers side key cylinder is not secured, and can be pulled out slightly. The security light blinks non stop when the car is off. When I start the car though, the light goes off, and the power locks work. The power locks do not work when the car is shut off and the security light blink.

Jones16 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DeVille

Hi, can anybody tell me what these codes mean:
    E30
    E38
    E59
    F46
    F41
    F47

I have 87īDeVille.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Jones16 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DeVille

i know that site but there arent all the codes. some of them are missing like e59, f46. Also i'd like to know meaning of the E, EE, F and FF.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.