OBD I Diagnostic Trouble Codes - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, OBD I Diagnostic Trouble Codes in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; The code E096 (and E012, which isn't an error) come up on my 93 Sixty Special, and the described method ...
    howiesatwork is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: OBD I Diagnostic Trouble Codes

The code E096 (and E012, which isn't an error) come up on my 93 Sixty Special, and the described method of clearing codes does not work as advertised by any procedures I've found so far. More reading to do, I guess...

Whiskers is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I can't find a list of "F" codes anywhere. Anyone know what an "F80" would mean?
    Previous posts seem to suggest "F" relates to the A/C....

Richard Birch is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Re: OBD I Diagnostic Trouble Codes

Hi, just started using this site. Have 94 ETC. A/C suddenly stopped blowing (no air at all) and the compressor became disengaged. Info panel said low refrigerant, compressor off. We have recharged system but no go. We get P052, P109 -relating to keep alive memory, P110, L terminal circuit problem (which is why I have constant battery no charge indication). Also get I052, again keep alive memory, and R061, R062, related to the airbag circuits. Had an airbag clock device replaced 5 years ago due to another indication-maybe these SIRs codes are left overs? Also get PCM? indication-does this mean the module itself is in some sort of failure? Car runs and operates good otherwise. Any ideas?

Thanx, Rich Birch

mr2786 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Diagnostic Trouble Codes

[B]Hi my name is murtaza, i seem to have 2 problems with my 1994 cadillac deville, first of all the keyless entry system wont work when i know for a fact its nothing to do with the remote batteries or n thing like that it jus stopped working and its not a fuse or annythign either
    My second problem is that i before had service ride controle in my car that came up and i got the front struts changed, now wat i want to do is i want totake the service ride controle light off, i want to ocmpetley take it off so it dosnt even show please osembody please help me on this it is relly important for me, please also reply back to me at Mr2786@aol.com thanks i really appreacite all of your help thanks

majax is offline 32V Northstar

anyone got the OBDII code definitions?

'99 STS

ingvey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): deville

Smile Re: OBD I Diagnostic Trouble Codes

What a GREAT person I find the codes most helpfull. Thanks so much to take the time to help others.Mike Buck

90devilleguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS & 1962 Coupe Deville

hey everyone i found another site that is helpful for the BCM Codes that the CCC displays when you are in 8.0 on your early 90's cadillac, if you go down like halfway there's the code information for the different readouts.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...4.jsp#hd1-1-11

90devilleguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS & 1962 Coupe Deville

i don't mean to post twice really, but i found out half of the information that my car gives me but i still can find any references on the net for the information that the engine sends out mode 9.0, there's 19 different readouts and i can't seem to find any info on these numbers, if anyone knows about these numbers let me know. i think it called the ECM data codes but i don't really know.

84stretch is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unhappy Re: OBD I Diagnostic Trouble Codes

Don't they have a program that will work with the earlier Cadiies, like an 84? Why can't we just plug in a laptop and see what's goin on? It would be ODBI instead of ODBII with some kind of serial port connector like everyone else is using, and you can sit right there and see gauges on the computer screen for the speedometer, tach, throttle positioning sensor, manifold pressure, manifold temp, and so on while your driving the car. Other appeletts show all the trouble codes, on board monitors and oxygen sensors and things. You can monitor temeratures and timing and feul pressure and all kinds of stuff. There's even graphs and signals like a sun scope would have, or oscilliscope. Surely someone would know where to find some of this cool stuff that works with some of the earlier computers, I found a free download for the newer cars, (
    http://www.obddiagnostics.com/ ) it's perty cool you can try it out cause it will do a simulation so you can use it when it's not hooked up to a car, they soak ya when ya by the cord, it's $90.00 some bucks,

there is a serial port interface and a program so that the computer can communicate with the laptop or PC. and I want one for my car Sigh.

u359200 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thank yoou very much very very helpful

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Quote Originally Posted by majax
    anyone got the OBDII code definitions?

'99 STS
    Here ya go;

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2.html

jsjag is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville Concours

Hm? Why is Octane rating coming up "0"?

Thanks for those codes. Hm? Why is Octane rating coming up "0"?

Thanks for the codes. Hm? Why is Octane rating coming up "0"?

Thanks for the codes. Hm? Why is Octane rating coming up "0"?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.