Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 29 replies 3 participants last post by  johndfw 
#1 ·
Hey folks

Anyone know how to track down a short at the interior light cir.?
I replaced the fuse and it blew once I got going.

Any help would be appreciated

#27 ·
Eldy

I'm not sure either. Now my door locks also work, same fuse.
The button is one of two just above the rear view mirror (map lights I think). Right now I'm not toutching them.
Does your car have the same set up? That little hatch door by those lights .......Whats it for?

Later

#29 ·
Nice to hear you've made substancial progress John. I'm not convinced the problem is resolved though . . . just dormant. I don't mean to rain on your parade, It's just that I've seen phantom faults dissapear, only to show up when I least need or expect them. So . . . with that said, I would zero in on your door/trunk harni and give them a very slow, methodical visual inspection, paying close attention for a small, black speck (could be as small as a pencil lead) on the vehicle's frame in the vicinity of where the harnesses come closest to the frame when the particular door is closed. Look for a small, black or whitish discoloration on the harnesses, or tiny pinch marks in the insulation. Use the brightest light available to you. There's also the other side of the argument that has credence: "If it works, don't mess with it." The choice is of course, yours. Good luck with this and don't hesitate to return to this forum for any help or advice from the excellent members who frequent these areas.

Cheers and Happy Motoring! CC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.