2014 cts premium coupe, doors wont lock
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, 2014 cts premium coupe, doors wont lock in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Newbie here, hope this is the correct venue for this post Wife's car, door wont lock with remote, lights flash, ...
    wobble is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe Premium

2014 cts premium coupe, doors wont lock

Newbie here, hope this is the correct venue for this post

Wife's car, door wont lock with remote, lights flash, no lock.
    Doors wont lock with manual door lock, dash beeps one time when button pushed
    Doors do not lock when car goes into gear, dash beeps one time.

Only one remote in car or vicinity, same problem with other remote, trunk opens with remote, car starts with remote.

On an older car I would think it's the door lock relay, not so sure with all these interconnected systems.

Car is about 2 months with us, 4k miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2014 cts premium coupe, doors wont lock

Quote Originally Posted by wobble View Post
    Newbie here, hope this is the correct venue for this post

Wife's car, door wont lock with remote, lights flash, no lock.
    Doors wont lock with manual door lock, dash beeps one time when button pushed
    Doors do not lock when car goes into gear, dash beeps one time.

Only one remote in car or vicinity, same problem with other remote, trunk opens with remote, car starts with remote.

On an older car I would think it's the door lock relay, not so sure with all these interconnected systems.

Car is about 2 months with us, 4k miles.
    Hello wobble,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners! I hope your wife has been enjoying her 2014 CTS so far. I apologize for the malfunction you are currently experiencing with your vehicle. I understand you are looking for advice from other forum members, but if you choose to bring your vehicle into your dealership so they can look into this, please let me know. I am here to assist!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Jhduca is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None yet. Wanting v-sport
    Make sure you go through ALL the "setting" menus to ensure it is not " operator error". Has it performed correctly in the past? If it was working correctly and you changed nothing, then a trip to the dealer is appropriate...that is what a warranty is for.

wobble is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello wobble,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners! I hope your wife has been enjoying her 2014 CTS so far. I apologize for the malfunction you are currently experiencing with your vehicle. I understand you are looking for advice from other forum members, but if you choose to bring your vehicle into your dealership so they can look into this, please let me know. I am here to assist!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhduca View Post
    Make sure you go through ALL the "setting" menus to ensure it is not " operator error". Has it performed correctly in the past? If it was working correctly and you changed nothing, then a trip to the dealer is appropriate...that is what a warranty is for.
    Decided to go by Dealer, they reprogramed something to do with the receiver. All is good.

Thanks for your replies.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by wobble View Post
    Decided to go by Dealer, they reprogramed something to do with the receiver. All is good.

Thanks for your replies.
    You are more than welcome, wobble. I am glad you were able to work with your dealership towards resolved your vehicle concern. Don't hesitate to contact me via private message if additional concerns or questions arise.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.