Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Classenigma 
#1 ·
I have a 94 STS which has a bad drivers seat switch on the seat heater. The unit is not available from GM anymore, as it has been obsoleted. Can't find any in Des Moines Salvage yards. Anybody that may have a solution would be appreciated. I took it all apart & everything looks good, however, I cannot get continuity through it & the problem may be in the circuit board.

#2 ·
Try ebay, www.car-part.com

I thought someone here was trying to part out a STS, I think about the same year.... Check out the b/s/t forum......

If that doesnt work, im sure it wouldnt be too hard to make a switch.... It probably runs a 3 way (low, high, off), so im sure you could rig something!!!!!

#5 ·
Do both switches not work????

Im sure it could be rigged up, as I said...... Also, maybe you could find someone that has a 96 or newer STS to compare the harness connector to...... It may be the same.......

#7 ·
Well, I searched google and on ebay, and I couldnt come up with anything......

Maybe if I get a chance I can go look at a salvage yard around my area for you.....

#8 ·
elwesso said:
Well, I searched google and on ebay, and I couldnt come up with anything......

Maybe if I get a chance I can go look at a salvage yard around my area for you.....
Hey Wess,
If you go junkyarding around town can you see if they have any 92-94 Eldos? Tampa has nothing and I need some trim parts.
Sorry for getting off the subject.
Bob

#9 ·
Yeah....... Ill see what I can do!!!!!

Hopefully Ill get a chance this week.......

#11 ·
$207 for that little assy....... :shocked2:

You gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!

I dont have anything going on this afternoon, Ill go by and see if I can stop by the salvage yard......

This isnt exactly a rich community so I wont make any guarntees.......

#13 ·
Ill try and stop by tomorrow after school.... it can be made on the way home......

If its an excuse to drive my car, Ill take it....... :D

160 is a ripoff for parts..... Id investigate other options first.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.