Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Logandiagnostic 
#1 ·
I followed the instructions to program the remote, but it still does nothing. checked battery in remote,and retried still nothing. I only have one remote, and it is listed as the #2 remote, does this have any affect on programming?

#3 ·
Re: wrong one

Logandiagnostic said:
Sounds like you have the wrong remote. The '92-95s used 2 identical remotes. The part #s end in 729 or 734. They do NOT have a 1 or 2 on the back.

Logan
Thank you for the reply, however I do have the correct remote. #10269729was reffered to by cadi. as the #1, and #10178734 {which I have} as the #2 remote. the 10269729 was broken, beyond repair, but the 10178734 is in tact. I followed the programing directions, and the system responded to the remote, when it says to press the unlock button twice at 1 second intervals. but when I disconect the ground, and turn off the ign. there is no response to any of the remote buttons.If the remote was bad, the system would not respond, when I pressed the unlock during programing correct?

#4 ·
ok

Ok...it just sounded like you had the wrong one. The latter remotes have molded numbers on the back.

Couple of things to try. First...when you ground the program wire. You should here the locks cycle. You then only have 30 seconds to complete the programming for 2 remotes max. When you press the 'unlock' twice you should again here the locks cycle. The other thing to try is to program your single remote twice and see if that fixes it. In other words try to also program it as the second remote. Then remove the ground wire and test.

Logan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.