Blinkers, gas gauge not working..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Blinkers, gas gauge not working.. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Ok, so a couple days ago, I changed my oil, and also installed a sound system, while installing the system, ...
    americanbodybuilding is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '95 STS

Blinkers, gas gauge not working..

Ok, so a couple days ago, I changed my oil, and also installed a sound system, while installing the system, I accidentally, while tightening the positive battery terminal, caught the wrench on a grounded object, a few times... The last, resulting in the whole car turning off and not working for a damn a little while.
    Well now, when I put on the blinkers, the spotlight works, but the blinkers dont, and my gas gauge is constantly reading empty, with the whole "fuel level very low" thing going on. And one more thing, when i turn off the car, everything besides the headlights turn right off, they don't wait till you open a door like usual. Any help I could get would be awesome. I'm driving a 95 Cadillac STS.

=Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

therodman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1981 Eldorado 1994 Seville STS

Re: Blinkers, gas gauge not working..

Does it blow the 10 amp ign fuse? I would check the tail light bulds, could have damaged a bulb or shorted the socket, ( weakest link ). If I'm not mistaken, the gas gauge and fuel message are on that 10 amp ign circuit.

You grounded the wrench a FEW times, you didn't learn the first time! Your lucky you didn't really burn up your electrical system.

Good luck...

No, no fuses are blown, all the head and taillight sockets are working, if someone has any idea, I could really use it, I've racked my brain and can't think what it could be, I even tried reprogramming my car's computer the way it says to in the manual, has anyone done this? Does a message come up or anything when you've done it?? Also, the compass is not working.
    =Seth

Ok, so Logan told me it was probably the fusable links, but I just noticed tonight that my front blinkers are constantly on, not blinking, but just on... if it was the fusable links this wouldnt happen, right?. I'm sure someone's ran across some kind of problem like this before, can I get some help here??

=Seth

Kowboyt21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 deville

Was this problem ever solved? I recently purchased a 95 deville with the same problem.
    My DIC shows "fuel level very low" and my blinkers don't work. The previous owner says this has been going on for some time and every now and then both will start working together. I have not been able to duplicate this and I need a solution fast. No fuses or bulbs blown.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.