Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DaveSmed 
#1 ·
I found this under my dash today when i was looking for a way to route my power cable for my sub.

that connector splices into a thick yellow wire under the dash. The white wire connects the 2 wires together. The other wire coming off connects elsewhere but i dont remember where.

Its defintely not factory

without the tape

when that white wire is unpluged the car will get ignition power, but it wont turn over.

my only guess is its a bypass for the factory chip-in-the-key thing.

any other guesses?

See less See more
#2 ·
That would be my first guess with the chip in the key my other would be a security system, is it connected to a power sorce????? That is really odd

#3 ·
Not Passkey

Ohhhh....thats bad. Does the car have a aftermarket alarm or remote start? Thats about the quality you see from the car stereo/alarm shops guys. Everything works ok for a year or 18 months and then it starts to fall apart.

There are some wires for the Passkey nearby. But they are a very thin small wire/gauge setup.

The big yellow wire is one of the main power feeds for the car/ignition system. You may want to clean this up before the car dies on the highway with a MAC truck on your tail.

Logan

#4 ·
Re: Not Passkey

Logandiagnostic said:
Ohhhh....thats bad. Does the car have a aftermarket alarm or remote start? Thats about the quality you see from the car stereo/alarm shops guys. Everything works ok for a year or 18 months and then it starts to fall apart.

There are some wires for the Passkey nearby. But they are a very thin small wire/gauge setup.

The big yellow wire is one of the main power feeds for the car/ignition system. You may want to clean this up before the car dies on the highway with a MAC truck on your tail.

Logan

there is no after market alarm... and i did clean it up.... more electrical tape!

#5 ·
Tell me about it! Shortcut City made me pay the install fee even though I specifically said that there was no way in hell there touching my dad's S-10. They said I had to pay or they would be liable. (BS) The truck had one installed when we bought it. when i tok off the one screw and ziptie (originally 3 screws) that were holding the lower dash cover on, a birds nest of wires toppled out of the dash. It wasnt mounted to anything and they didnt even cut the wires to fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.