Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Where is wire harness?(to eliminate magnetic key on 94 Eldo)

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  84ENS 
#1 ·
I found info on how to bypass security key by inserting a resistor with the proper value in the harness. The post was referring to an 89 caddy. Can anyone give me the location and description of the harness (with wire colors if possible) that I should look for in a 94 Eldo? There is no problem right now but being prepared might keep me from being stuck somewhere and the cost of a resistor is cheap.

#2 ·
Wires

At the bottom of the steering column...you should see a pair of very small/fine gauge wires. They should both be white up to the large connector C202.

You can solder the resistor on the column side of C202.

There are 15 different resister values/keys. The key resister can be measured using a DVOM. If the 'replacement' resister is within about 10% of the original key you should be ok. The key resister values are listed on www.caddyinfo.com in the 'how to section'. Resisters of course are readily available at Radio Shack.

Logan

#3 ·
Re: Wires

Logandiagnostic said:
At the bottom of the steering column...you should see a pair of very small/fine gauge wires. They should both be white up to the large connector C202.

You can solder the resistor on the column side of C202.

There are 15 different resister values/keys. The key resister can be measured using a DVOM. If the 'replacement' resister is within about 10% of the original key you should be ok. The key resister values are listed on www.caddyinfo.com in the 'how to section'. Resisters of course are readily available at Radio Shack.

Logan

Thanks for the great info and please excuse the stupid "magnetic" key instead of "resistor" key in my title. I have been cringeing since I noticed what I did after it was too late to edit. I have printed this along with all the posts that I read that I think will be of interest now or in the future. (Just getting extra cautious after GMFORUMS)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.