Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  2887 
#1 ·
Hello all, I am hoping someone here may have seen this problem before. I purchased a 1998 Cadillac Catera. The car has always been a Florida car until I recently had it hauled to me in Maryland. In Florida the car was fine but here in Maryland the Hazard lights began to act up as soon as the car was off of the truck which hauled it for me. As I was driving the car away ,the left turn signal arrow on the dash began flashing yet the turn signal was not on. A few seconds later both arrows began flashing on their own. I tried several times to turn them off but the Hazard light switch just would not shut them down until about the 7th hit on it. Over the next three mile the Hazard lights came on again by theirselves 6 more times. Finally when I parked the car in my driveway and came into the house I looked out the window and again the hazard lights were flashing, they had turned on after I shut the car off. At times though only the left blinker arrow will flash and I have to hit on the hazard light button to turn it off as well.

For fear that my battery might run down I pulled the 20 amp hazard light fuse. This creates additional problems though. With the fuse out I loose my speedometer,rpm gauge , the heater/ac controls above the radio etc. So I guess these things somehow filter through the 20 amp hazard light fuse ?

I will welcome any advice .

-------------------------------------------Many Thanks
---------------------------------------------Randy

See less See more
#2 ·
ceo said:
Hello all, I am hoping someone here may have seen this problem before. I purchased a 1998 Cadillac Catera. The car has always been a Florida car until I recently had it hauled to me in Maryland. In Florida the car was fine but here in Maryland the Hazard lights began to act up as soon as the car was off of the truck which hauled it for me. As I was driving the car away ,the left turn signal arrow on the dash began flashing yet the turn signal was not on. A few seconds later both arrows began flashing on their own. I tried several times to turn them off but the Hazard light switch just would not shut them down until about the 7th hit on it. Over the next three mile the Hazard lights came on again by theirselves 6 more times. Finally when I parked the car in my driveway and came into the house I looked out the window and again the hazard lights were flashing, they had turned on after I shut the car off. At times though only the left blinker arrow will flash and I have to hit on the hazard light button to turn it off as well.

For fear that my battery might run down I pulled the 20 amp hazard light fuse. This creates additional problems though. With the fuse out I loose my speedometer,rpm gauge , the heater/ac controls above the radio etc. So I guess these things somehow filter through the 20 amp hazard light fuse ?

I will welcome any advice .

-------------------------------------------Many Thanks
---------------------------------------------Randy
Being a Cad tech., this one is difficult w/o the car in frt. of me. There are so many things on these cateras that go wierd. First of all I would check the turn signal switch. When the t/s's are flashing, check for voltage from the t/s switch. You will need a shop manual to find which wires to check. Then check the hazaed swith. These a pretty relaible, have not seen one go bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.