Cycling parasitic drain 1989 DeVille
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Cycling parasitic drain 1989 DeVille in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; After getting really sick of finding my battery drained I decided to check for a drain. I found one that ...
    Bones78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 89 Deville (Mary Kay?)

Cycling parasitic drain 1989 DeVille

After getting really sick of finding my battery drained I decided to check for a drain. I found one that cycles on every 15 sec or so and draws around 5 A. Pulled fuse for the radio and problem solved. Does anyone have any info on the RAP circuit? Is there a relay or module that needs replacing? If so where is it located?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    Stock radio or upgrades

Bones78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 89 Deville (Mary Kay?)

Re: Cycling parasitic drain 1989 DeVille

I wouldn't call it an upgrade, but it's not stock. I've read a few guys saying that decks are tough to install without causing problems. I've gotta rip that deck out anyhow, where should I look for problems? Just junk wiring jobs in general or is there a specific mistake that's often made?

It's also worth noting that since posting, I'm still draining power from somewhere with the radio fuse pulled. I guess it's back to work with the multi-meter. Nothing like trying to identify 2 electrical gremlins.

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan
    Sounds like a loose ground .. How is the factory harness look. Have you checked your battery post. Are they clean and tiht is any other of your electronics acting up

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.