Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Logandiagnostic 
#1 ·
Kays and Remotes

I just bought a 96 Eldorado with only one set of keys and without the keyless remote. I waswondering if there is anywhere I can buy the blanks cheap? Also, if I buy a remote off e-bay will it work with the car or does it lack the actual feature? If I can't I woul dlike to buy an alarm/starter/pager combo, would this package require me to disable my car's factory alarm?

#2 ·
Re: Kays and Remotes

I think the eldorado would have RKE...... All you need to do is have someone give you the FCCid, and then make sure you get one with EXACTLY the same number, and your golden......

Any locksmith should have blanks for your car.......

#4 ·

I have heard that you CANNOT install remote start kits with the northstar...... It has something to do with its electrics...... You may/will run into problems........

That being said, I see it pointless to upgrade the alarm, unless you want shock and motion sensors...... Not worth it, IMO.......

#6 ·
remotes

The '96-97s used a 2 year remote. These were only used for 2 years. You can often find them on eBay. No other factory remotes will work.

I think I have a couple of the part #s.

16259819 (#1)
16259829 (#2)

There are 2 others that will also work...

09353029 (#1)
The #2 ends in 6066 (I think)

The FCC #s are

(#1) AB01502T
(#2) AB01602T

Logan

#8 ·
oops

Forgot about the keys. There are 15 different keys/resisters available. The key values are listed on caddyinfo. You can measure the pellet for the resister value using a DVOM.

Any GM dealer should have the keys available. They are pretty much only available at the dealers. They have a special tool to measure the key value.

Logan

#9 ·
Re: remotes

I thought I would tell you that the first set of numbers you listed below work for 97 models only and will not work for a 96. The remotes for 96 models are 16183016 (#1) and 16196066 (#2). I have a 96 and had all four of these remotes; only the second set of numbers I listed would program. You can check this out and all other numbers for other models at http://209.145.176.7/~090/awh/cad96rke.html

Logandiagnostic said:
The '96-97s used a 2 year remote. These were only used for 2 years. You can often find them on eBay. No other factory remotes will work.

I think I have a couple of the part #s.

16259819 (#1)
16259829 (#2)

There are 2 others that will also work...

09353029 (#1)
The #2 ends in 6066 (I think)

The FCC #s are

(#1) AB01502T
(#2) AB01602T

Logan

#10 ·

You need RKE numbers 16183016(#1) and 16196066(#2) for your 96. Go to to this web site for varification and programming instructions when you find a set. http://209.145.176.7/~090/awh/cad96rke.html I have a 96 STS and to buy them from the dealer in Tampa is $145.00 a piece and $35.00 to program them. It only takes about 1 minute to go into your diagnostics and do this. I found mine at a car auction next to a car dealership that I used to work at. EBAY has them if you look regularly and I have seen brand new ones for $80.00 online(still to much). Use your search engine if you want to go that route; I hope this helps. dv...

Yaemish said:
I just bought a 96 Eldorado with only one set of keys and without the keyless remote. I waswondering if there is anywhere I can buy the blanks cheap? Also, if I buy a remote off e-bay will it work with the car or does it lack the actual feature? If I can't I woul dlike to buy an alarm/starter/pager combo, would this package require me to disable my car's factory alarm?

#11 ·

da324 said:
You need RKE numbers 16183016(#1) and 16196066(#2) for your 96. Go to to this web site for varification and programming instructions when you find a set. http://209.145.176.7/~090/awh/cad96rke.html I have a 96 STS and to buy them from the dealer in Tampa is $145.00 a piece and $35.00 to program them. It only takes about 1 minute to go into your diagnostics and do this. I found mine at a car auction next to a car dealership that I used to work at. EBAY has them if you look regularly and I have seen brand new ones for $80.00 online(still to much). Use your search engine if you want to go that route; I hope this helps. dv...
I think your wrong..but I'am not going to argue about it. I'm pretty sure the 9819s and 9829s are 96-97 Seville,STS,Eldos. While the 3016 and 6066 are actually Catera remotes. They all have the same FCC number depending on relation to #1 or #2...so it shouldnt mater.

Something was wrong with your first set.

Logan

#12 ·

I'm sorry if I offended you and I'm not trying to argue either. I'm just relaying personnal experience. There was nothing wrong with my first set. I took them from a 97 STS thinking they would work because I thought they were for both years also. They worked fine on the 97, but they would not program my 96. That's when I found the web-site that I sent you the link to that showed different numbers for 96 and 97 models. I went out and found the remotes ending in 3016(#1) and 6066(#2) that the web-site stated was for 96 models and they programmed the first time for my 96. If nothing else it is an option that works if someone else has the same problem as me. Thanks, dv...

Logandiagnostic said:
I think your wrong..but I'am not going to argue about it. I'm pretty sure the 9819s and 9829s are 96-97 Seville,STS,Eldos. While the 3016 and 6066 are actually Catera remotes. They all have the same FCC number depending on relation to #1 or #2...so it shouldnt mater.

Something was wrong with your first set.

Logan
www.logandiagnostic.com

#13 ·

da324 said:
I'm sorry if I offended you and I'm not trying to argue either. I'm just relaying personnal experience. There was nothing wrong with my first set. I took them from a 97 STS thinking they would work because I thought they were for both years also. They worked fine on the 97, but they would not program my 96. That's when I found the web-site that I sent you the link to that showed different numbers for 96 and 97 models. I went out and found the remotes ending in 3016(#1) and 6066(#2) that the web-site stated was for 96 models and they programmed the first time for my 96. If nothing else it is an option that works if someone else has the same problem as me. Thanks, dv...
I understand. The thing is we use to sell these remotes. They use to be a very rare remote. They were very hard to find since they were only used for 2 years. Now they are pretty easy to find on eBay. Any remote that has the same FCC # should work.

Logan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.