push button start
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, push button start in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; hey im new blah blah blah, i have a 1970 deville i just inherited, had no key, so i broke ...
    caddy2tone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1970 de Ville convertible

push button start

hey im new blah blah blah, i have a 1970 deville i just inherited, had no key, so i broke the plastic inside the lock cylinder screwing with it. gave me just the reason to use push button start. i figured id put one in a switch for accesories, one for run, then the button for start. i did get it to turn over before the plastic broke so im pretty hopeful. i have an alarm to put inline with probably the ground from all the switches to keep thing safe.....but now that i have the ingnition switch down from on top of the column, when i manually switch it all the power shuts off like theres an anit theft somewhere. i cant find an electrical diagram on this to save my life so im doing it all by volt meter and test light. any help would be greatly appreciated....id like to get it running before next weekend.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddy2tone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1970 de Ville convertible

Re: push button start

if you guys can lend some information on this i will post pictures and step by step intructions on how to wire in the relays and alarm so the key isnt needed any more if you guys need some inspiration lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.