Unknown issue - possibly electrical - car wont start
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Unknown issue - possibly electrical - car wont start in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi, New to Cadi Forums and at ends wit! My husband and I have a 1997 Deville 4.6 engine (I ...
    Empressbet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 cadi deville base

Unknown issue - possibly electrical - car wont start

Hi,
    New to Cadi Forums and at ends wit! My husband and I have a 1997 Deville 4.6 engine (I think) V8. I get to post everything because he is dyslexic but handy.

The problem we're having...The car started giving a hard start. 2 mechanics said it was the electical side of the ignitiion switch. We had a key guy come out to do diagnostics but he said it wasn't the problem.

Another mechanic came out and put the starter directly to the battery and said that was the problem. The starter was replaced 2 days ago. The car started a little rough but was okay for a few days. Now it wont start again.

Another mechanic said it was the fuel pump. My husband drained the lines before trying to restart it and nothing came out.He checked the relay switch and switched it with a known good one when he drained the lines. This morning he pulled the tank down, replaced the fuel pump (with a used one) and nothing. He connected the old and new fuel pump directly to the battery and said they were both "singing." He doesn't think it's the fuel pump but think it's electrical.

Any ideas or suggestons?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lanell73 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Try your crank sensor sometime they just go bad

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.