Argh, trunk release AND pull down not working - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Argh, trunk release AND pull down not working in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey Fellas Well i'm having a problem with my trunk pull down motor. The trunk release works just fine and ...
    pnj2108 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Deville

Re: Argh, trunk release AND pull down not working

Hey Fellas

Well i'm having a problem with my trunk pull down motor. The trunk release works just fine and i can open my trunk with no problem now when i close the trunk it does not pull down. Now the most freaking annoying thing in the world is that i replaced the part last week and i opened and closed the trunk just fine after the second time i had to open the trunk again due to the fact that i left my tools outside so i open the trunk to put my tools away and i ended back on square one Dammit this is so annoying driving around with a open trunk and a Open Trunk Message on the DIC.

Thanks

any help please post a reply or send it my way pnj2108@hotmail.com

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

You guys that post email addresses in here are in for a nasty surprise. Cadillac Forum members are not the only eyes in here. There's scum watching, too...........

pnj2108 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Deville

I appreciate your concerns but i'm not worried about that.

Opalina is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 El Dorado Limited, Red #666

I know this is way old, but does anyone have these docs that are spoken of here? Same problem with the trunk pull down -- fob won't work, interior release won't work, pull-down unit replaced -- all to no avail. Help!

Harp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Eldorado ESC

Hi fellas -

I have a slightly different problem. My trunk release works just fine, but the pull down motor doesn't always work. I say doesn't always because while most of the time it doesn't work, every once in a while it suddenly works and closes the trunk. I need a little help understanding the components here and which might be the culprit. I know the motor is beneath the trunk latch. Is the activation switch the black component right next to the latch with the pressure switch? And is the switch in the upper component (in the actual trunk lid) just the open trunk indicator? Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.