What is the hose and plug on the passengers side on dash in 1987 Sedan Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, What is the hose and plug on the passengers side on dash in 1987 Sedan Deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; New here to the site. I just got done replacing my 4x6 speakers in the dash in my 1987 Sedan ...
    mizatt32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Sedan Deville

What is the hose and plug on the passengers side on dash in 1987 Sedan Deville

New here to the site. I just got done replacing my 4x6 speakers in the dash in my 1987 Sedan Deville and before I started I disconnected the battery because I knew the doors would be open and I didn't want to run the battery down. Well when you replace the dash speakers you have to take the whole top part of the dash apart, which I did and I had to disconnect a plug on the passengers side as well as disconnect what looked like a hose which was right next to the plug. Well when I went to put the dash back together I realized I didn't pay attention to which way the plug should go on and it can actually plug back in either way so it was a 50/50 guess and I also wasn't able to get that hose back on super tight, it was only put back in partially, but it is back on. Then when I hooked my battery back up my temperature gauge was set at auto and on 75 degrees but it wasn't blowing any air at first but then it started to eventually blow air. I'm wondering what that plug is for and what that hose is for. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: What is the hose and plug on the passengers side on dash in 1987 Sedan Deville

The plug is an in car temperature sensor for the automatic climate control. It can plug in either way. The hose is called an aspirator hose. It allows a sample of interior air to be sucked in to the programmer to tell the climate control to provide warm or cooled air depending on the temperature inside the car. The system going to 75 is normal after a battery disconnect. The fan delay is also normal if the in car temp is close to 75. If the hose is kinked or distorted, it can cause a delay in the climate control operation and accuracy. Why the double post?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.