Check engine light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Check engine light in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; After having Auto Zone trouble shoot my engine it was found that my Secondary Air Injection system has a fault. ...
    jimmybond is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 sls

Check engine light

After having Auto Zone trouble shoot my engine it was found that my Secondary Air Injection system has a fault.
    It is either an open fuse of a defectilve relay circuit---a connector and wiring----Air pump defective or hoses blocked.
    Is this something that must be dealt with or may I ignore it and keep driving my 2001 SLS with only 12,000 miles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Check engine light

This really belongs in Engines: Northstar Performance or even in Seville/Eldorado. Many, many, many posts and threads on this problem

Your car has its own built in code reader/scanner/memory. Go to the Seville Forum and open the sticky post "How to pull codes". practice, write down all codes and whether they are Current or History. Return to the sticky and open the link with "obd2" in the address - that will take you to a Master Index of all P,B,C, and U trouble codes.

The AIR system supplies fresh air to the exhaust manifolds in order to fully burn warmup rich fuel exhaust mixtures and light off the cat. It is a performance and emissions function. There's a relay clipped to the right strut tower. Two control valves: one on the right (rear) cam cover, one down just in front of the thermostat housing (driver's end of the engine). Remove the beauty cover and trace out the vacuum system from the throttlebody to the control solenoid to the individual valves. If all that's OK, the pump itself (they tend to freeze up from moisture ingestion) is located on the body flat just inside the front of the LF wheelwell - inside the removable plastic liner.

You can drive with the AIR system dead but you run the real risk of plugging a $1,500 cat/exhaust system that is now out of stock.

Talk to Chris in Parts at Rippy Cadillac over there >>>>>

BTW............Welcome Aboard !!!!!!!!!....................

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.