94 Fleetwood Antenna and Interior Lights Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, 94 Fleetwood Antenna and Interior Lights Problem in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey I just bought a 94 fleetwood, and I have 2 main electrical issues atm. One that probably is easy ...
    ail45 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

94 Fleetwood Antenna and Interior Lights Problem

Hey I just bought a 94 fleetwood, and I have 2 main electrical issues atm.

One that probably is easy to fix/figure out is I installed an aftermarket headunit and bypassed the factory amp. Doing so the only thing thats plugged into the headunit from the antenna is the coaxial cable, but nothing for the power. When the radio is on, it picks up signal but since never goes up its always pretty shitty. What do I need to do to get it to work? If I had to guess I was going to split the green wire from the original harness (since I'm assuming thats the antenna power cable) to the switch power on the headunit (so it goes up only when the radio is on).

As for the interior lights, they stay on for the 10min at a time before the safety turns on. It seems like the door sensors should be working because if all doors are left open when the light turns off, they dont turn back on till finally all doors are closed. Also read somewhere that the white cable plugged into the trunk lid might fix the problem, but just unplugged it and didnt fix it. Not sure if was supposed to leave the ground there and just cut the white one (since read it might be a round issue the lights are having), but didnt try that if I didnt have too. (irrelevant but whats that plug for anyways?) So anyone know a solution to this? Really annoying trying to look for things at night since I keep the fuse out.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ail45 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Re: 94 Fleetwood Antenna and Interior Lights Problem

Actually, just realized I could run the antenna power to the capacitor I have in the trunk. Just need to know what the orange (left) and the green (center) cable that are on the plug are for? If anyone could please chime in and let me know what they are would be great.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: 94 Fleetwood Antenna and Interior Lights Problem

its probably grounded to the body, so orange is probably power and the other is the one that tells it to go up or down.

thats just a guess though, i could be very very wrong

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.