99 Cadillac Eldorado Help with EBCM installation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, 99 Cadillac Eldorado Help with EBCM installation in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey guys, I really need help! I am being told that I need to replace the EBCM by a Cadillac ...
    ransomsgramma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Eldorado

Cool 99 Cadillac Eldorado Help with EBCM installation

Hey guys, I really need help! I am being told that I need to replace the EBCM by a Cadillac dealership here in OKC to the tune of $1500. I have a good mechanic that tells me he can replace it if I find the part. Well I have found the part (refurbished $165) and just want to make sure where the part is located on the car. Some of the posts on here say its behind tire wheel and others say its somewhere else. Can someone please tell me?? I hate it but I bought this car used 6 months ago and have already put $3000 into it a/c quit, tie-rod, etc. so can't spend a lot more. I could really use some help from all the pros!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Eric is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 SLS

Re: 99 Cadillac Eldorado Help with EBCM installation

Lower left front of engine compartment. FSM removal procedure is:

Disconnect the negative battery cable.
    Remove the air cleaner assembly. Refer to Air Cleaner Assembly Replacement in Engine Controls - 4.6L.
    Reposition the PCM to create access to the EBTCM.
    Raise the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
    Remove the lower radiator splash shield. Refer to Splash Shield Replacement - Engine in Body Front End.
    Remove the left front wheel well splash shield. Refer to Wheelhouse Panel Replacement in Body Front End.
    Remove the 3 EBTCM/BPMV assembly bracket nuts.
    Remove the 2 lower EBTCM to BPMV bolts.
    Lower the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
    Disconnect the EBTCM connector.
    Remove the front insulator and insulator mounting bolt.
    Remove the 2 upper EBTCM to BPMV bolts.

Caution

Do not pry the EBTCM from the BPMV as damage to the seal may result.

Separate the EBTCM from the BPMV by gently pulling forward until separated. Be careful not to damage the seal

stoveguyy is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k

what was wrong with a/c? something major? did it ever work or just stop working soon after you bought car? a seller usually can't sneak a bad a/c system thru the sale. unless they told you it just needed a freon charge. thats a good one.

mythy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Eldorado 98

Whats the deal in regards to reprogramming a EBCM? If you get a used part that already came out of a caddy will it still need to be reprogrammed? How did this turn out for you?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.