1999 Escalade Battery Drain Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, 1999 Escalade Battery Drain Problem in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i have a 99 Escalade and i have a problem with the battery going dead. It keeps shorting out the ...
    Stoiz11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1999 Escalade Battery Drain Problem

i have a 99 Escalade and i have a problem with the battery going dead. It keeps shorting out the 4wd actuator. If i dont drive it for a day, the battery goes completely dead. Anyone else have this problem? I think it is in the 4wd Moduale but before i worked on that i just wanted to make sure no one else had this problem. I know its not the radio, we pulled all the fuses the car has. It might be the alarm too? Let me know, driving me nuts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ESCO_BEEF is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 1999 Escalade Battery Drain Problem

I had the same problem if I where to listen to the radio without the car on for 20 min or leave the car parked for a day or two I know i would need a Boost my problem was 2 dead cells in the battery I ended up picking up a new battery, problem solved. U might want to get the battery tested (load test) I think the dealer or shop will do it no charge if u ask them if they sell batteries

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

If you have not replaced the stock battery I would start there, the stock GM batteries usually only last about 3 years

yeah i replaced the stock Delco battery with a good MTP Interstate. We tested for a drain and there definatly is a drain, was just trying to figure out if anyone else has heard of maybe a common place to start looking.

99 SKALAID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

there is a recall on the 1999 for the ON-Star draining the battery, check to make sure that this has been cleared up.

awesome im gonna check that out

Marc Kessler is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Every time I had to do something related to my On-Star account the battery on my 2000 died. Took it to the dealer, they replaced the battery then it happened a few months later. That's when I found out that On-Star was the culprit.

r.knighter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade

I am having the same problem with my 1999. 99 SKALAID & MARC, did you end up having your Onstar disabled?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.