Error Code P052 I052 & P109
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Error Code P052 I052 & P109 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ...
    LESPI10153 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Error Code P016 P052 I052 & P109

I have leaned so much from this web site have it on favorites. I have three codes that I
    need help with.

P016 Generator Voltage Out of Range

P052 PCM memory reset

I052 Keep alive memory error

and P109 which I cannot fine information on

Would like to know what these codes mean in laymanís terms. I have had problem with dash going blank and engine stalling. Any information would be helpful. Would like to see if husband can do repairs before I take into dealership. Also I like to know as much as I can before I take car into shop so I know if what there telling me makes sense.
    Linda

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

anothercaddiowner is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Error Code P016 P052 I052 & P109

Linda,
    There is a place you can go for some codes..i do have the same problem along with one other code which is...P137...The site for codes is
    http://209.145.176.7/~090/awh/dtcobd1.html. I found many codes that i needed with the exception of the codes that are in the Hundreds.like what you and i are experiencing.
    Hope this helps you out some..or in the future..If you get to know what the code P109 or P137 means let me know aswell..You can post here or you can e-mail me at go.raiders3@winbeam.com
    Thanks

94sls is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have had the same problem. The last time it occured I didn't get the P109, just the I052. The strange thing is that it occured when I turned on my lights, I waited just a few seconds, turned my lights off and then back on - the same thing happened again. The dash went blank then reset it's self, the engine stalled just for a second and then kepp running. The only other odd thing I've noticed is - when the engine is cold it charges at about 14.5 volts, usually it doesn't charge above 13.5.

This is the second Caddy I've owned and have loved both of them.

A little history on my current caddy. It's a 94 sls. When I bought the car it had a number of codes. The short story is that the heater core was leaking steam and it was accumulating on the back of the PCM. After replacing the heater core and the PCM (reman from dealer) all codes stopped and the car ran fine until the stall problem.

Any help will very much appreciated. (btw I'm a newbie to the forum).

Thanks - Bill

Logandiagnostic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S

Re: Error Code P052 I052 & P109

The P109 stumps everyone. That because its listed on the PO52 diagnostics page. PO52 and P109 are the same thing. So if you look up PO52...P109 will be right there.

When you see these 3 codes together. The power is re-setting in the car. Good chance you have internal corrosion at the battery cables ends at the battery.

Logan

Realtor1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by LESPI10153
    I have leaned so much from this web site have it on favorites. I have three codes that I
    need help with.

P016 Generator Voltage Out of Range

P052 PCM memory reset

I052 Keep alive memory error

and P109 which I cannot fine information on

Would like to know what these codes mean in laymanís terms. I have had problem with dash going blank and engine stalling. Any information would be helpful. Would like to see if husband can do repairs before I take into dealership. Also I like to know as much as I can before I take car into shop so I know if what there telling me makes sense.
    Linda

I am sure you have fixed this problem by now but what the hell..

I was getting sall thouse codes as well...I just chnged out my altenator and now no longer get the PO16 code so I would asssume its your alt going bad...

have you disconnected the battery lately? That will also throw the reset codes....

SALVATORE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): EL DORADO TOURING COUPE 1994

Re: Error Code P052 I052 & P109

Hello my friends I am a fan of the Cadillac and so I have a 1994 EL DORADO pear'm not very good English but I hope you understand me. My problem is: a few months ago my cadillac going to wonder and nothing was heard a noise underneath the chassis to want to shift gears and place the shifter into "D" and after that does not change my caddy and speed heard that it is a solenoid that broke that way there in this? alguine could help me I will be infinitely agradeser and promise to post the result THANK YOU!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.