Weird AC fan issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Weird AC fan issue in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 2003 Deville that has an odd problem: The fan for the AC usually will not come on ...
    LouisvilleLawyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Deville

Weird AC fan issue

I have a 2003 Deville that has an odd problem: The fan for the AC usually will not come on until I hit a bump with the left wheels at about 10-15 MPH. Once it is running, it doesn't go off if I hit another bump, so I think it's probably some sort of starter relay issue. If I turn the fan down (or if the climate control turns it down) below about 1/4, it goes off and will not come back on until I hit another bump.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

daniel58 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 58 Coupe Deville, 77 Coupe deville, 90 Deville

Re: Weird AC fan issue

Sounds like a loose connection to me, that may be hard to find. You could start by checking (wiggle the wires a bit) the connections at the blower motor. If you can find the relays using your owners manual try tapping lightly on them and see if that makes the motor run. If it does replace the relay. There may very well be something that others more familiar with this car could suggest, hopefully they will speak up if so.

LouisvilleLawyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Deville

Re: Weird AC fan issue

The AutoZone free computer check didn't find a problem, so I took it to the dealer, which charged me $95 to hook up their sensor and read that the blower motor had a short. They offered to replace it - for $675. I declined that offer and bought an aftermarket blower for $60, which took ten minutes to replace. Love my Cad, but not so happy with the Cad dealer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.