2000 Deville Window problem, not a regulator
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, 2000 Deville Window problem, not a regulator in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey everyone. So I'm working on a 2000 Deville that originally had a bad RR window motor and regulator. Replaced ...
    507Derek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS-V

2000 Deville Window problem, not a regulator

Hey everyone. So I'm working on a 2000 Deville that originally had a bad RR window motor and regulator. Replaced them both only to find out that the problem goes deeper because the window still wouldn't go up or down. The door module wouldn't even click. I checked power coming into the switch and got 0v. I than checked power coming into the door panel connector and still got 0v. So, I swapped it with the module out of the LR door because that one did work. Still got nothing. Here's the part that screws with me. I put the LR module back in the LR door. The window rolled all the way down, than 1/4 of the way up and quit! So now neither of the rear windows are working. Any help with this would be great. I'm thinking I have a bad switch assy in the driver door but didn't have time to continue testing and I don't have a wiring diagram to run off of.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2000 Deville Window problem, not a regulator

Anyone? Even just some electrical schematics would help.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

door modules go bad sometimes
    left and right should be the same part so you could swap out to test
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

by the way, dealer list is about $230 on those rear door modules
    if it ends up you need one i can sell it around $164 + tax, free ground

(this, of course, is looking them up without your VIN - i'm pretty confident i got it right, but if you get me the vin on the car i can make sure)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I swapped them from left to right with nothing still. And now the left window wont work either...

another thing to check is the wiring coming from the b-pillar to the door... could get messed up
    not sure what would cause both sides to not work now though
    i'm just about at the end of my technical abilities here
    anyone else have any ideas?

bornleader910 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 Deville

Did you check the fuse underneath the back seat....i believe they share a common fuse

Quote Originally Posted by 507Derek View Post
    Hey everyone. So I'm working on a 2000 Deville that originally had a bad RR window motor and regulator. Replaced them both only to find out that the problem goes deeper because the window still wouldn't go up or down. The door module wouldn't even click. I checked power coming into the switch and got 0v. I than checked power coming into the door panel connector and still got 0v. So, I swapped it with the module out of the LR door because that one did work. Still got nothing. Here's the part that screws with me. I put the LR module back in the LR door. The window rolled all the way down, than 1/4 of the way up and quit! So now neither of the rear windows are working. Any help with this would be great. I'm thinking I have a bad switch assy in the driver door but didn't have time to continue testing and I don't have a wiring diagram to run off of.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Haven't checked any wiring other than whats inside the door panel. I'll check in between the door and b-pillar next time I get my hands on the car.

And I've checked the fuse and it's good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.