Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Foot duck blowing hot air HELP!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  elwesso 
#1 ·
1980 Coupe Deville

The heat from the food ducts is insanely HOT. I have no A/C and air does not come out of the front vents.

People here were kind enough to answer my last post on this topic.

I was told to check the vacume hose, or turn off the hot water to the cabin. I checked close to the firewall but couldn't find anything to turn off, or any vacume hoses.

My qustion: Where can I find the "turn off" for the hot water, or the vacume hose?? I have a Chiltons Manual, but I can't find info for my problem.

The car is fun to drive but the heat is very bothersome.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

LM

See less See more
#2 ·
Move the heater control as far away from the hottest setting as you can...... That should do the trick, unless the heater core valve is stuck all the way open......

I suppose you could always bypass the heater core until it gets cold again...... Just get some sort of fitting to go inbetween the two hoses coming from the firewall.......

But, I wouldnt do that unless you have to...... I would try and see if its anything that could be fixed....? Has it always been like this??? But if its bothering you that much you can always do that!!

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.