retained assy power
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, retained assy power in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ok here it is ,my 90 etc retained assy power does not work.it did but now it does not,but my ...
    eldog90 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 deville

Angry retained assy power

ok here it is ,my 90 etc retained assy power does not work.it did but now it does not,but my power windows and trunk fuel dooretc all work long after key is removed or door is opened pls help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2dfx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac DeVille

Re: retained assy power

Quote Originally Posted by eldog90
    ok here it is ,my 90 etc retained assy power does not work.it did but now it does not,but my power windows and trunk fuel dooretc all work long after key is removed or door is opened pls help
    Fuse?????????????

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: retained assy power

Quote Originally Posted by eldog90
    You DO know that everything's not powered through RAP right? Matter of fact, it's only the radio, windows, etc.
    So what makes you think RAP is NOT working?

rap

well i dont think its workin because its supposed to go off after you open a door or in so many munites right?well my windows ,trunk .gas door all work all the time they dont cut off and as for the raido it cuts off as soon as you kill the motor/key.i dont belive this is right

Re: rap

I would agree. I would guess you have a module issue and MAYBE a door switch issue.

Thumbs down rap

ok i checked door switches,and just to be sure replaced both,no change.so can somebody tell me where the rap module is located.so many little black boxes undere here.

Re: rap

I believe that's the DERM and it's on the brake pedal support bracket under the dash.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.