Installing Factory Delco-Bose Radio Need Help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Installing Factory Delco-Bose Radio Need Help in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello All, I recently purchased a 94 Deville Concours. The radio in it, a Delco-Bose Active Audio, model #16163906 was ...
    gillapsfi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94' Deville Concours

Installing Factory Delco-Bose Radio Need Help

Hello All,
    I recently purchased a 94 Deville Concours. The radio in it, a Delco-Bose Active Audio, model #16163906 was not hooked up. The original harnesses have been cut. I have only the individual wires. I found some radio wiring diagrams for most cadillacs but the colors do not match this system. I believe this is the correct unit for the car because it is a remote unit, and there is a reciever in the trunk. There is also an amp in the trunk.

So far, I've only been able to figure out that there are 3 hot wires comming from the car, 1 red/white, 1 orange, 1 yellow, and 1 black ground. I have no idea where to connect these to the head unit. Also there is a dark green wire on the head unit, that lights up the unit whenever I connect any of the hot wires to it, but it doesn't respond to any on/off, tape/cd functions simply with this connection. I did hook up a spare aftermarket radio and got it to turn on, but no sound came out trying to connect the speaker wires to the remaining wires coming from the car. I guess that was beacuse I didn't activate the amp. I really want to use the factory head unit that came with the car.

I guess I need a wiring or pinout diagram for this head unit, and for the wires coming from the car. Can anyone help please. The car is nice but some sounds while driving would be great. Can anyone provide some guidance or diagrams?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

VEGASELDO91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 ELDORADO (R.I.P.); 1995 Sedan Deville

Re: Installing Factory Delco-Bose Radio Need Help

I believe the reason you did'nt get any sound from the aftermarket headunit is because the factory speakers operate on a different frequency. A aftermarket headunit will not work with the factory amp, you have to bypass it. If the previous owner had an aftermarket headunit installed he/she may have installed aftermarket speakers in the car.

I had the same situation with my Cadillac, power but no sound when I installed the aftermarket headunit. I ended up replacing all four speakers and eliminating the factory amp altogether, IMO I think you will be more satisfied with a upgraded headunit; again just MY opinion! Good luck!

Ok so I went to a salvage yard and I found a Delco-Bolse Gold Series remote unit with the harness attached. I plug it in thinking everything would be fine....but alas, it would take cd's and cassettes's but there was no digital read out or indication of whether it was set to tape or cd. The only time I got a digital display was when I pressed the rcl button (and I have no idea what it does) and then it give some blank lines like --:- I did this with two units and got the same result so I think it was a matter of incorrect wiring, and not that the units didn't work. Most of the color of wires were the same, the only difference was that there was a red/white stripe wire from the car with 12V constant and no red/white stripe on the remote unit's harness but there was a second yellow wire on the harness. if only there was a pinout diagram for this system.

Anyway I've given up hope on getting the factory unit to work, and am now moving on to installing an aftermarket unit, but I'm a little confused about a few things.
    1. Is there a harness that I can attach to the aftermarket unit that will let me plugin to original harness at the dash and use the amp and speakers?

2. I don't understand the concept of moving the remote unit to the trunk...what does it connect to back there

3. If I have to run wires from the trunk to the aftermarket radio in the dash, which wires do I connect to in order to get all 11 speakers working in this amped system?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

In a '94 is the original Bose head unit part of the theft system and serial data bus - as in later models ?? If so, you now have theft detection and electronic problems with modules "talking" with one another because the head unit is programmed with your car's VIN - during startup the head unit and ECM communicate, and if there's a data hiccup the car eventually will not start.

Go down a few Forums to Audio, Security.

I think I have what I need now, found the diagrams

Burtbe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 deville concours

Thumbs up Re: Installing Factory Delco-Bose Radio Need Help

Guys I just bought a nice 94 Concours. The radio turns on but all it gets is static has anybody got information on where to start troubleshooting this problem..Thanks for any advice you can pass along.

killzfast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 cadillac concours

Did you ever figure out the problem with all the static in the Radio I just bought one and the radio was working fine all I get is static now?

----------

did u ever figure out the static problem with the radio?

joes94caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 sedan deville

Quote Originally Posted by gillapsfi View Post
    I think I have what I need now, found the diagrams
    Thanks your awesome been looking for these for days now great job from Joe!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.