Navi Screen won't come on.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Navi Screen won't come on. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Yesterday my car battery died on me due to me not turning my car on... Anyways when I did get ...
    DaLadizMan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Deville DTS

Navi Screen won't come on.

Yesterday my car battery died on me due to me not turning my car on... Anyways when I did get the car to start after receiving a jump my screen stays blank.(black) Anyone know what the problem could be? I checked to see if it could be a fuse considering it worked yesterday. I couldn't find a fuse for it though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Navi Screen won't come on.

Unhook the battery.
    It is common on Deville for this to happen if the battery goes down and is charged.
    It is "logic locked" (computer stupid) and it just needs a power reset.
    It won't take much time disconnected, then it will likely work fine when you hook it back up and turn the key on.

thu
    thu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville

I wonder if the Original Poster solved his problem.

I had a similar problem (but without having a dead battery). Nav was dead. I pulled the rear seat, located the fuse for the NAV, removed and reinserted fuse and all was good.

bhopt2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

what was the name of that fuse you pulled please!!

edilagan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville 99

I have the same problem, but mine is only the center part of the cluster that has no display - the fuel consumption part on the left has it, and the AC info on the right has it, too. I located the fuse, it is named "CLUSTER", 20 A. I pulled it out, cleaned the contacts and put it back in. No effect. As dead as before. While the car engine is running, I pulled out the fuse. Everything on the screen went blank. When I put it back, there comes the display again for the fuel and AC. So mine could have a different problem. Any ideas? Thanks a lot. Deville 99.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.