'97 Deville Electronic Speedo went blank!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, '97 Deville Electronic Speedo went blank! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; You guys are great! Very insightful! I hope you guys can help me. My '97 Deville Electronic (green digital) Dash ...
    jah316 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): deville

'97 Deville Electronic Speedo went blank!

You guys are great! Very insightful! I hope you guys can help me. My '97 Deville Electronic (green digital) Dash went blank all of a sudden. I drove it to a stop light and then it comes on again for about 10 seconds! Then it slowly dimmed away (as if saying, good bye!). I have checked all the fuses and relays (under hood and behind the back seat - is there any more?) and even removed the dash and opened it up (there is no accessible/replacable bulbs for the center section that doesn't light up!). The wierd thing is that the two side digital screens still work fine (the temperature and estimated distance remaining). I read in another post that someone had a similar problem and found the ignition control relay at the back seat to be the problem. I checked all the relays at the back seat. Does anyone know which one and where it's located? Is it a 4 pin or a 5 pin? There is one black 5 pin one that clicks when I attach or remove it. Could this be it? How can I test it? Can I put a jumper wire and see if the dash lights up? HELP PLEASE! Thanks a million! Peace.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

edilagan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville 99

Re: '97 Deville Electronic Speedo went blank!

I have a 99 De ville with exactly the same problem. I would appreciate any help. Tnx.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.