I've got a 69 Cadillac Hearse and I want to replace the shifter knob with a sckull shifter knob. Anybody know how to remove the old one? I've tried unscrewing it by hand and with some channel locks but don't want to scar it up badly in case I have to keep it. In the very top of the knob there is a rubber insert that can be removed. Once removed there is a small hole that goes into the knob. Is this some kind of release or does it simply screw off and I just have to get mean with it? I've replaced knobs in other cars and they all screwed on but maybe Caddy is diferent. Thanks.